• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 181SE PHO $350 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Reaction score
So I had these saws and rebuilt them, I put a NOS piston in the 288 and a Meteor in the 181, after the break in period I check the pistons after running them rich I add, and they showed signs of starting to score, so maybe I just didn't clean up the cylinder well enough or there was a tiny air leak somewhere that I could tell because the saws had no irregular running conditions.

So with that said, both saws are in great shape, and after pulling the 288 top end I still see no major scoring, just some transfer marks. I've put too much time and effort into these two and I'm done with them, I'll go back to saws I have more luck with *cough, Stihl, cough* Don't know why I have such bad luck but ohh well. Both saws are power head only.

I would like to get $350+shipping for each one.

I can get more pictures tonight.
2ed2cb606a22f3a6854bde7510da6332.jpg
6ab147438c7b3dabbd71ebc5a242910e.jpg
575814ffbe59b02fe0d2d9c909c2ba03.jpg
5e1d551db084b222bee7b3cd825df297.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I dont have the means to properly pressure/vac test one, but since everything was replaced but the base gasket (which looked good) and the saw showed no abnormal run conditions in any position with the needles set to the standard settings i felt pretty confident there were no leaks, the saw ran fine, but when I pulled the muffler to check after I thought it should be about broke in which was after about 3-4 tanks, and you can tell it was rich by the pictures, I noticed the piston looked like it was beginning to score.

One was a Laser platinum (Tsumara) the other is a Polished Windsor bar

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Back