Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads 8 and 9 today. Feels good to get all this in the yard. I have never been this far ahead.
4369c944e3de02a5fd124d53397e8c50.jpg
9c5e8e37c34c51a6cec310556d5b3452.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
! sure wish that I could get ahead of the game lately, instead of always behind a week or two.....

Just one time in my life I would like to process a giant straight oak like you guys get in the N and NE. Our oaks here are gnarly; straight with no limbs for 10-15 ft then they just explode with limbs and knots.

Red oak around me in general is fairly straight unless it grows in gravely areas then it gets twisty. Most of it is very large with many bases 30"+ across the stump. The bur oak we have on the other hand can be twisty as all heck.

Tired of taking poly tarps to the dump after 2 years, I finally broke down and purchased a heavy duty 10'x20' canvas tarp. Local fleet supply had these marked down 50 bucks to 109.00. They are made in Appleton Wisconsin I think by Jimmy Johnson from Swanson Wisconsin. I can fit 2 more rows wide and plenty long ways if need be.DSCN5249.JPG DSCN5250.JPG

Well, with all the rains, and being behind on the lawns all year, I finally started splitting a little wood. Split all of the dead standing Oak yesterday, then started on some of the 39" Oak this morning. Dang that stuff is heavy.
p2Dy0u7.jpg

QCgiOdh.jpg

CsM1DSh.jpg
I hate that big stuff...does make nice looking splits when all done though, just takes too much time.

Back