New guy in Maine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally lit. Had a awful storm come through, no power, restoration is expected to take a week in some places. I’m hoping for sooner, but it was cold this morning and I figured why not fire up the stove! Got some 2.5 yr old maple and it’s just pumping out the heat.
d80545da9f417bff54f39eb7e6b01bb8.jpg

28d6f89d7186a19ba214c04c42a5fc5a.jpg

Happy Halloween to you all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stumbled onto your thread while searching for info on hearth’s. I know it’s old but I ended up reading it from start to finish! I found it very enjoyable to read and follow along with the pictures. It’s impressive that you do almost all of your splitting via axe! I also think you set a good example that you don’t need 10 high dollar pro saws to cut firewood.

Nice work and I love your stove setup. I had a Jotul Oslo similar to yours, I sold it before I sold my last house. I plan on buying another one soon and that was why I was researching hearth ideas in the first place.

Thanks for sharing your adventure

I stumbled onto your thread while searching for info on hearth’s. I know it’s old but I ended up reading it from start to finish! I found it very enjoyable to read and follow along with the pictures. It’s impressive that you do almost all of your splitting via axe! I also think you set a good example that you don’t need 10 high dollar pro saws to cut firewood.

Nice work and I love your stove setup. I had a Jotul Oslo similar to yours, I sold it before I sold my last house. I plan on buying another one soon and that was why I was researching hearth ideas in the first place.

Thanks for sharing your adventure

Thanks man! Im still at it, i just havent been that great at posting. Photobucket got weird and i could still manage to get pictures hosted but lately it has become a bit of a hassle. Ill have to figure out a better photo hosting site and try to get some updates up. Im still at it with the same saw and the same axes. We just got into buring about 2 weeks ago and the wood and the stove have been performing extremely well.

We are on our way home from Acadia National Park. Stayed at an rv park near Bass Harbor, walked the Carriage Roads, explored some trails, and rocky beaches. Visited friends in Falmouth, north of Portland, and drove on Route 1, probably through York. Campgrounds are closed, or closing, and wood piles and stacks near many country homes. Beautiful country.

We are on our way home from Acadia National Park. Stayed at an rv park near Bass Harbor, walked the Carriage Roads, explored some trails, and rocky beaches. Visited friends in Falmouth, north of Portland, and drove on Route 1, probably through York. Campgrounds are closed, or closing, and wood piles and stacks near many country homes. Beautiful country.

Yup, state is getting quiet again! The tourists are appreciated for the revenue, but Post-colombus day everything slows down and it gets nice.

Back