Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t sell the husky 460 or 570 coming up short too there awesome saws.

My old school Husqvarna 266se/xp can kick your new school Husqvarnas azz. Stock vs stock. Don’t leave the 268xp husky short either. Lol

But really who is the modern day king of the 60cc saws?

My cutting stable is full of husky saws. A 353, 266se, 268xp, 570 xtorq, 575xp, 181xp, 385xp.

Have a 7910 and the only parts on the 590 that aren't metal that are on the dolkita are clutch cover and handle. When I went looking for Saws we didnt have a dolmar dealer or I would probly have all dolmars.
The echo just feels real cheap to me around here the only people that run echos are landscapers. There's also a major problem with them being stolen from Home Depot along with it 450 Rancher and anything that's in a big box store so there's a lot of them floating around most of them are stolen Phoenix has a major problem with stealing saws
Look on OfferUp and Craigslist and they're can't possibly be that many people selling brand new CS5 90s in a box never used and every other size of saw that Home Depot carries by some guy with it looking like he just crossed over the Border last week
There's absolutely no real support for dolmar Makita here but then again when you buy a saw used from Home Depot's tool rental department you're not getting any kind of warranty anyways and I will do all my own work on my saws so I don't need anybody to do that but there is a dealer in town and he will perform work on any saw that you have

But really who is the modern day king of the 60cc saws?

It seems the Dolmar and now Makita 6100 has the most potential to modify and compete at that level. It does not have a stuffed crank and has a reed valve for a portion of the air intake. No electronic carb. They can all have their kingdoms on the same continent.

It seems the Dolmar and now Makita 6100 has the most potential to modify and compete at that level. It does not have a stuffed crank and has a reed valve for a portion of the air intake. No electronic carb. They can all have their kingdoms on the same continent.
Iirc Hotsaws101 did a video on that saw seemed to like the “flow” possibilities of the makita

I started out cutting firewood for the house with craftsman chainsaws. A craftsman 2.0 Poulan and a roper I think 3.75 self sharp. My point is after cutting 20 cords of firewood they were junk. Then I was advised to buy Husqvarna due to there reputation on there quality dirtbikes. A 70’s 240sg and a 2100 cd never failed me. So is it choosing a 60cc saw that’s the best in its class or best for the diameter of the wood at task. What’s the best for your work? How do you choose.? After awhile I had many begging me to cut wood it turned into a business

I always had dreams of the biggest Poulan chainsaw before I seen the 2100. Bigger is better.?

WOHH! That's cool ! A reed valve on a chainsaw. Thats bad ass!
I bought one used from somebody and it does indeed have a little Reed valve in it it actually had really good power but I sold it to buy the dcs6421 one because of the fact that the dolmar Makita 6421 can be upgraded all the way up to 79 or 89 CC and just put a different Jug on it with piston. so there's not a lot of that kind of support for the 6100.

Back