ms 462 finds is way to tree monkeys bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All quiet on the western front ! Me thinks this new “controlled air-leak saw” might not respond as well to mods as the old tried and true 044-046-440-461 platforms ... hmmm ; maybe a certain monkey can give us an update? and no ; not the monkey with a gun to his head either ~~~ he gives me “gas malo !!!”

40.1 sec, coming around

“She’ll Be comin round the mountain when she comes ! “ sounds like it’s holding more rpm in the cut and getting thru the timber quicker ... what rpm in the wood (with sharp self - feeding chain ) are you shooting for ? I’m assuming you have decked cylinder ; cut / modded squish and played with transfers on cylinder or by altering piston along with opening exhaust port and muffler mod ... maybe even tickled the intake ? Looks like a lot of work and time invested - I’d like to think ya can make more juice without “gutting” the fresh - air ports like “he who must not be named “ insists must be done to make power ! Lol ...... keep pickin and grinning

Do these strato saws respond to crankcase volume changes like a regular style does?

19% ..... Assuming the chain is the same on all testing runs that’s a nice increase ! .... I like the fact that you are using a 28” bar and cutting thru a large cant of wood .... really shows the torque / hp of the saw as opposed to cutting a smaller round which is BS imho ! If you can get the time down to 33sec (a 30% increase) I’m sure you will have a few new customers on your paper-route !1B448945-A22B-40A0-822A-88A439DC8FDA.gif

19% ..... Assuming the chain is the same on all testing runs that’s a nice increase ! .... I like the fact that you are using a 28” bar and cutting thru a large cant of wood .... really shows the torque / hp of the saw as opposed to cutting a smaller round which is BS imho ! If you can get the time down to 33sec (a 30% increase) I’m sure you will have a few new customers on your paper-route !View attachment 678243

well that's not happening no mater who's porting this saw for work .....

Back