Jotul re-finish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjunky23

Just here for the free beer!
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for another Jotul wood stove for a while now but I was trying to find the right deal. My last one was like new with about 15 feet of class a pipe and I paid $350 for it. I was trying to stay in that ball park again and I am thinking it ain’t gonna happen. I found one on the local CL and the price isn’t terrible but it’s got some paint issues. I assume it’s a enameled model and some of it is chipping off. Mostly on the top but other places as well. The gaskets and everything else appears to be in good condition. Has anybody ever undertaken a refurbish attempt on one?

23 years old, needed and overhaul, so we gave it away and replaced it. I did not want to try refurbishing. The guy was going to put it in his man cave. Don't know if that happened or not. We bought it in 1990, and in its day and for more than twenty years, it was a beautiful stove.
Just passing on what we learned the hard way, that an enamel stove should not be used or stored in an outbuilding.

My friend got a pretty "naff" enameled stove with much damage to the finish he had it blasted with either glass or bead & painted it with rattle cans of Auto exhaust manifold HI Temp paint still good some 3years later He did his Matt but understand you can buy gloss in various colours

My big problem is I don’t have access to a bead blaster. By the time I pay to have it blasted, I’m probably not saving enough cash to make it worth while

Latest posts

Back