Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid over 10k for my Sportster Custom in 06 new, then had to pay the Harley tax for a better seat and a windshield, brackets extra. But got between 55 to 60 mpg, has a 4.5 gallon tank. Been sitting in the barn collecting dust for over 2 years now, penalty for being in a car wreck. Chiropractor working on me trying to get my spine align with my pelvic bones, twisted.

Steve

Harleys look good, sound good but the suspension, might as well be riding an old mini bike. They have great cornering clearance, after you drag everything on the bottom side off.

Steve

Yea the suspension really isn't up for much other than highways and with cruiser pegs ya cant get up off the seat for a big bump coming up either

Doc said that I've probably been in a lot of pain for years and said yes, worked on me for over 2hrs yesterday. Still can't feel my left leg, said pressure is causing that. Sciatic nerve got pinched last Monday, hurt like crazy all day and night. Woke up the next morning and had no feelings in left leg, better than the pain. My TENS unit wouldn't even stop or ease the pain. Packed my back all day hoping to get some feeling back, no luck.

Attachments

• IMG_20140519_070534.jpg
    IMG_20140519_070534.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 11
You get used to it after awhile, just been watching what I do and how I do it, but it has gotten to the point where if I just turned, it would make me sit down, but ya got to work and pay the bills so you bare the pain and keep going. Except this time I didn't hed the warning and kept pushing it. I've been stuck to light duty work in the shop for over 2 years, and boss gets on to me when I'm picking up something that I shouldn't, but I'm not gonna beg someone do something for me. We where taught not to beg, guess I'm to proud and don't want to feel helpless. I feel useless when someone does a job I use to be great at, do mostly electrical and electronics now, occasional I'll get a mechanical job.

It's good you have an understanding employer. A good rant about life is good sometimes and that's what friends are for:)

I'm sorry guys for being mean about Harleys different strokes for different folks i cant look past a fire breathing sports bike that rips along at 200mph. But that's death on wheels so I stayed on 250 2stroke. Every day there would be a close call of some sort with a car so gave up and stayed on the dirt. Was down the riverbed on my yzf426 an had a head on with a car at 50mph.. broke my wrists a goody and off work for 12 months:( so even off-road i still cleaned up a car any way I ride mountain bikes down steep hills now no cars in the way just rocks and trees.

Full comp or skip chain for this little 4200 with a 24 inch bar?

It will pull either just fine.

Since we’re sharing. I enjoyed it, but the Harley is as previously described.

1f4f6bd4ecd109caf01f8530641ada9d.jpg

Latest posts

Back