Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must have a large stove to burn big oak splits like that. My 13-NC stove gets choked up with pieces that big. I'm burning white oak now, and its good stuff. However, it doesn't produce much in the way of coals for the next morning, like white ash does.

Not sure if you were replying to me or not but my brother does have a reasonable size heater. I tend to keep the splits like that for him since he can make them smaller if it suits him but can't make them larger.

Finally starting to split those loads.
6e038317c1bc1b062a4b071a195aca0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here's some of the wood I have taken up to my elderly neighbour. He's Austrian and heads back over there for the northern winter. I'll split it and stack it when I have the time but I also have some more to cut and take up first before it grows legs.

View attachment 682559

Very kind of you! I bet your neighbor confuses many English speaking people about his two homes, ha ha...

8136912613_21317b6d68_z.jpg

Got another cord stacked today :laugh:.
View attachment 683234
The pile is getting a bit smaller, the bucket is 7' to the bottom.
View attachment 683235
Here's a little further back for a better perspective.
View attachment 683236

I thought my wood pile was out of hand, I have four or five years of wood ahead. considering I burn one cord or so a year. My home is fairly well insulated and we don’t have harsh winters in my region of Oregon. Your stack makes mine look like child’s play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought my wood pile was out of hand, I have four or five years of wood ahead. considering I burn one cord or so a year. My home is fairly well insulated and we don’t have harsh winters in my region of Oregon. Your stack makes mine look like child’s play.

Well I burn 3.5-4 a year, so I'm saving up for retirement lol.
I have started to sell a little this yr, that way I can replenish the pile :happy:.

I have been giving some to friends that either can’t afford to buy it or have found themselves ill prepared. Makes me feel better about the next saw I decide to buy and of course I have to try it out.

I like that, good reason to have more wood gear :).
Just gave about a half a cord to a friends kid to bundle up and sell to help him pay for his boyscout trip, he sold the whole thing in one shot to his grandma for 150 lol.
I buy and sell a lot of saws so I have to test them all out:chainsaw:.
Then I do a bit of tree work, so now when I'm testing them I end up cutting more cookies than anything.

9dd4742fb1cc2eaff9f28861cc8ce5ae.jpg
c70a147b48b22be00a6ecd93958f70fb.jpg

My wife helping me get started on next years wood. We’re building a house there next year and plan on a owb and a wood fireplace insert.

That's awesome that your wife is willing to help! Mine has been showing some interest over the past 6 or so months and had been helping out here and there. I'm going to let her fell a small Walnut so she can get one under her belt. She does pretty good with my 40cc Echo, still can't quite start it, but we're working on that.

What's in the pile to the left of the bottom pic? Is that Beech?

I like that, good reason to have more wood gear :).
Just gave about a half a cord to a friends kid to bundle up and sell to help him pay for his boyscout trip, he sold the whole thing in one shot to his grandma for 150 lol.
I buy and sell a lot of saws so I have to test them all out:chainsaw:.
Then I do a bit of tree work, so now when I'm testing them I end up cutting more cookies than anything.

i like our 550 xp's....keep 'em sharp and they'll throw some chips.....18" bar ???

Back