Need Help Tuning MS290 Carb after rebuild!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so When I originally started the full rebuild I was very sceptical that I was going to actually be able to get it to run at all now that I know I am capable of doing this I think I might completely redo the oil seals and head gasket. I used Permitex MotoSeal 1. It did seem to work just fine but just out of curiosity what would be stopping me from making a gasket out of gasket material? Would The added width affect compression?

Okay so When I originally started the full rebuild I was very sceptical that I was going to actually be able to get it to run at all now that I know I am capable of doing this I think I might completely redo the oil seals and head gasket. I used Permitex MotoSeal 1. It did seem to work just fine but just out of curiosity what would be stopping me from making a gasket out of gasket material? Would The added width affect compression?
The further away from centerline that you push the cylinder dome the lower the compression. Deleting the base gasket and using a sealant lowers the cylinder and increases compression.

Okay too my surprise the MityVac arrived today and boy is it ever a nice tool! I did a test threw the impulse line and I think I can do a better job sealing it up... It did hold a vacuum but not for as long as I've read others have achieved... The good news is the the Cut up ATV tire did a awesome job sealing exhaust and intake.
Hopefully tomorrow night i will have enough time to split it and clean it all up and reseal it. Last time I put a little gasket maker all around where the oil seals go... what would you folk's recommend in regard to gasket maker around oil seals?

Back