WTF is this then

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was passing the local Husky dealer & box store next door to pickup a hose connector on display must have been a pile of a couple of dozen fully printed with picture of a Jred saw & lettered on the box Jonsered top right hand corner sticky label saying McCulloch CS 22 WTF is going on ?

The local Honda dealership started out by selling J'red in the early 70's, when it was still called Jonsereds. During the 80's they also became Zenoah dealers so they have been working with Husqvarna for a pretty long time.

They told me the folks up in Sweden are making some pretty big changes in how products are branded and how they are targeted. What you saw is part of that brand shuffling: J'red and McCulloch (Europe) should become basically the same thing, with the difference the former would be sold in dealerships and the latter in big box stores. Should is the keyword here because there's still the problem of what should replace the premium J'red products since people naturally equate the brand with higher quality products than McCulloch, especially since they moved most of MC assembly lines from Italy to Slovakia (I think) and China.
One thing is for certain: this is turning into an organizational mess. I've ordered two Zenoah air filters and was delivered something completely different with the right code slapped on the plastic envelope. It never happened before: Huskie has always been great when it comes to spare parts, albeit on the pricey side.

The local Honda dealership started out by selling J'red in the early 70's, when it was still called Jonsereds. During the 80's they also became Zenoah dealers so they have been working with Husqvarna for a pretty long time.

They told me the folks up in Sweden are making some pretty big changes in how products are branded and how they are targeted. What you saw is part of that brand shuffling: J'red and McCulloch (Europe) should become basically the same thing, with the difference the former would be sold in dealerships and the latter in big box stores. Should is the keyword here because there's still the problem of what should replace the premium J'red products since people naturally equate the brand with higher quality products than McCulloch, especially since they moved most of MC assembly lines from Italy to Slovakia (I think) and China.
One thing is for certain: this is turning into an organizational mess. I've ordered two Zenoah air filters and was delivered something completely different with the right code slapped on the plastic envelope. It never happened before: Huskie has always been great when it comes to spare parts, albeit on the pricey side.
As you say right cock up the saws I posted about are "Jonnie "coloured Red/Black with just a small vinyl sicker on the clutch cover saying CS22.When I asked the Store person what brand she looked at m likeI qualified as the village idiot &said Jonsered " it says on the box"when I pointed out the small sticker she said no they are what it says on the box I couldn't be arsed to argue about the Mc sticker Priceless as they say at Mastercard

As you say right cock up the saws I posted about are "Jonnie "coloured Red/Black with just a small vinyl sicker on the clutch cover saying CS22.When I asked the Store person what brand she looked at m likeI qualified as the village idiot &said Jonsered " it says on the box"when I pointed out the small sticker she said no they are what it says on the box I couldn't be arsed to argue about the Mc sticker Priceless as they say at Mastercard

No idea how Huskie is juggling production around these days, but the last MC stuff I saw was assembled in Shanghai... may be those "CS-22" chainsaws came from the same assembly line? Maybe Huskie is slashing costs on entry level products while simultaneously rising prices, again? I don't know, but when it comes to entry level products give me an Echo or Shindaiwa any day.

Back