Huskee 22 ton splitter - need help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deep South

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey fellas. I have a Huskee 22 ton splitter that recently started to seep hyd oil from the cylinder. I'd like to rebuild it if I can find the correct parts rather than but a new one. Tractor supply has a replacement for $199 which isn't terrible so that is an option. Checked a couple of local shops and they weren't much help. They wouldn't even give me a ballpark number for them to rebuild it.... Wanted me to bring it in and let them tear it apart and then give a price. Is there someone here that sells seal kits for them? Thanks

I'd imagine they are standard seals. It probably just needs the seals in the cap. I vote pop it off and take the seals to your local napa and get some new ones.

Thanks for the replies. I finally got a chance to work on the cylinder this week. This was my first time working on a cylinder so I had no idea how it came apart. Once I figured that out, it was a piece of cake. I somehow managed to delete all the good pics I took of it disassembled so all I have is one. WTF? Anyway, my cylinder is the type with the cap held in by a clip ring (not a snap ring) that clips into a groove which is hard to see especially when you don't know what you're doing LOL. To remove it, I used a large punch and just hammered the cap far enough into the cylinder to access and remove the clip. All of this was done after draining all the fluid off the cylinder and removing the tubing to allow the piston to move freely. To get the bottom cap out, I pulled the ram all the way out and put a 3/8" socket extension through the bolt hole and hammered the piston and cap out. Once the cap was out I took it to a hydraulic shop and they matched up the seals and gave me replacements. Everything went back together easily. I only have one pic of the cylinder but you can at least see how the bottom looks.

cylinder.jpg

Back