Need help to ID a type of chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
When it comes to types of chains, I'm still learning. What kind or type is the chain below? I went to the Stihl site and it wasn't a lot of help to me.

TIA!

s-l400.jpg

Not sure what info you are looking for but its a Picco Micro chain with semi chisel cutters. The yellow indicates it lacks low kickback protection. This is what I would set up an MS180 with for a 16" bar. We aware in the picco line there is the .043 and the .050 gauge for bars. This is the .050.

Edit I see you have a 241. This would be the ideal chain for that saw. It has the power to pull a 16". That's exactly the setup I wish I had for doing trail clearing.

Not sure what info you are looking for but its a Picco Micro chain with semi chisel cutters. The yellow indicates it lacks low kickback protection. This is what I would set up an MS180 with for a 16" bar. We aware in the picco line there is the .043 and the .050 gauge for bars. This is the .050.

Edit I see you have a 241. This would be the ideal chain for that saw. It has the power to pull a 16". That's exactly the setup I wish I had for doing trail clearing.

Thank-you very much! I have a chance to pick up some at a very good price. I just wanted to make sure that I was pointed in the right direction. :rock2:

If it doesn’t have to be Stihl chain then Oregon would be 91vxl055.

Yeah......I went to that link at least twice and it really doesn't tell you the differences between the types of chain. I specifically was looking for the descriptions of the yellow branded chains and their appropriate part numbers.
The reduced kickback version ('green') of that chain would be '63PM3'. Chains lacking a numeral in that location do not have the kickback reducing features ('yellow').

Philbert

When it comes to types of chains, I'm still learning. What kind or type is the chain below? I went to the Stihl site and it wasn't a lot of help to me.

TIA!

s-l400.jpg

16” Picco chain for a 3005 mount like an MS200T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I haven't noticed the straight 63pm chain for a long time. I don't think our region carries it anymore. I think it is pmc or something like that. The dealer that I buy my saws from doesn't know what he orders, so I just settle for what comes on the new units for my business thing.

Latest posts

Back