Black Friday/Cyber Monday wants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there an echo in here?
Hope it’s a 590. No, AS needs to continue the debugging process. You mentioned a company that makes peavey and timber jacks, they’re a blue color, what was the name of the company? Thanks.

I have about 12 different Ryobi 18 volt +1 tools including the impact, very happy with all of them. I also have the Milwaukee full size 18 volt Fuel hammer drill, a real work horse. Does any body know of 4” or longer torx, allen and so on bits in a set? The torx bits in a holder will not fit thru the hole on Dolkita mufflers. I bought a long cheap set of bits on eBay and the torx 27 broke first time I used it. They were the tamper bits and the center hole was really deep, I think that was the weakness.

I have this one for about a year, seems good quality. https://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Tools-1837630-Impact-Performance/dp/B00B1T5JTG

Quality long reach allens are harder to find.

I have about 12 different Ryobi 18 volt +1 tools including the impact, very happy with all of them. I also have the Milwaukee full size 18 volt Fuel hammer drill, a real work horse. Does any body know of 4” or longer torx, allen and so on bits in a set? The torx bits in a holder will not fit thru the hole on Dolkita mufflers. I bought a long cheap set of bits on eBay and the torx 27 broke first time I used it. They were the tamper bits and the center hole was really deep, I think that was the weakness.
This set handles most all the saw fasteners I encounter and I've not broken any of them in almost 10 years of ownership.
https://www.hlsproparts.com/Complete-Set-of-Wiha-Chain-Saw-Tools-p/wtk-dns.htm

Available at several places.

No thanks. I usually just buy stuff when I need it and have no desire to chase down $5 off sales or whatever like the rest of the cattle mooooo along to in the stores.

I'll stay at work and be productive. I usually work on Thanksgiving as well. ... pretty much work 364-365 days a year, take Christmas off... sometimes.

I bought a cheapy Chinese 25cc top handle chainsaw for 80 us dollars last weekend. The sale was last weekend in Canada on alliexpress.
I wanted ones of these for a bit but they were close to double that in price so I held off.
I plan to use it atving, a lot of the trails have tiny trees or limbs starting to block them, cutting these with a regular chainsaw is a pain with the top handle I can use it one handed and toss the little buggers out of the way with the other.

Hope it’s a 590. No, AS needs to continue the debugging process. You mentioned a company that makes peavey and timber jacks, they’re a blue color, what was the name of the company? Thanks.

I think you're takingt about Logrite. They're awesome. I have a few of their pickaroons, a 30" mill special cant hook and a 5' cant hook.

One of the pickaroons (actually Stihl branded but made by Logrite) cracked where the head was welded to the handle. One call to Logrite and they had a new one in the mail that day. Pretty impressive considering that they could have told me to call stihl.

Milwaukee is good I run a few of them.
I have Makita 18v, my workplace has DeWalt 20v and my dad is slowly converting his older Milwaukee to the newer M18 Fuel. They are all so close and have their pros and cons. It’s impressive how far they’ve come with cordless power tools.

I
I have Makita 18v, my workplace has DeWalt 20v and my dad is slowly converting his older Milwaukee to the newer M18 Fuel. They are all so close and have their pros and cons. It’s impressive how far they’ve come with cordless power tools.
I have a few Milwaukees ,drills and impacts and an Ingersol Rand impact 1/2 .

I was talking with my boss at work about this. We agreed that all of the major players are so close in performance that they could be considered equal. But I didn't really start this thread about cordless tools....

I see True Value has a coupon for 50% off of one item under $50

1542521324510906433478.jpg View attachment 685375 I just bought which cordless tools I got a deal on.
Some new DeWalt, a couple of really inexpensive used Craftsman saws, and some used Makita. This old beat down Makita quarter inch impact was practically free. Looks terrible, but works fine.
Would have been happy with Milwaukee too.

Again, this is more of an upper Midwest thing but Runnings (similar to TSC) has a deal where you get a $15 gift card for every $75 you spend.

This is actually a hell of a deal from AcmeTool.

Milwaukee M18 Chainsaw 16"b/c with 2) 12.ah batteries and charger for $400 shipped.
The 12.ah batteries are $150 each... I just bought a couple.
Anyone thinking of adding a Cordless battery op saw should check this out.

Latest posts

Back