Has anyone used 'The Log Boiler' ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never seen them but I am currently thinking about getting a bigger boiler and these look pretty slick with the top load. I emailed to see what they cost along with a few other questions. Guess I’ll see what they say.

I know a guy who was a dealer. he said they were really nice but a few years later he said they were having design and warranty issues. and they weren't standing behind their warranties. so they would just come out with a different design. and put out on the market without testing it for a few years. then that design would have an issue and they would just change the design and put it to market. I've never seen a wood boiler manufacturer stand behind their warranty, unless they charge you an arm and a leg for doing the warranty work.

I don't think there is any relation between The Log Boiler and Wood Doctor wood boilers. Wood Doctor is a whole nother story and easy to research online.
There are a few companies out there that build them. http://www.outdoorwoodfurnaceboiler.com/top-loading-wood-burning-furnace.htm We had a guy or two on here before who had big boilers but I think they were homemade. Heating big chicken barns I think.

I worked for The Log Boiler for about a 1.5 years. Tom (the owner) is a great guy who used to build houses. For about 15 years all he's been doing is building wood boilers. In the last 10 years he has made great improvements to the efficiency and longevity of the design of his stoves.

There was some drama with some "relationships" to some other manufacturers that have come and gone but "The Log Boiler" has been there the whole time. I don't know many of the details so I won't comment there.

I don't know what he has for distribution or dealers these days, as when I was there he was doing all the selling and servicing himself.

Google is probably your friend when it comes to what happened to some of those companies.

Take care,
Phill

Back