Iowa GTG 2018

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always work weekends unfortunately. My work-week is Saturday-Wednesday. Otherwise I probably would. I'm going to try to make the event next year. Still a newbie into the cutting world. On a side note....if anybody knows anybody that could/would install a outdoor wood-burning forced-air stove...let me know. My area locally would be the best but I want a nice professional install.

Well guys I saw the forecast for Friday and Saturday.
If it rains Friday night like they sayin will have to cancel. At least the skidding part.
Problem is won’t know till Saturday morning.
Stay tuned I guess [emoji106]

Sent from Hoskey Hills

If it rains Friday night like they sayin will have to cancel. At least the skidding part.

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Sent from Hoskey Hills

E40E6ECB-5916-454B-A42C-CC81EFC2C358.jpeg 2B57B29D-4A82-4DFD-8B1C-8127653B0A9F.jpeg E40E6ECB-5916-454B-A42C-CC81EFC2C358.jpeg
I always work weekends unfortunately. My work-week is Saturday-Wednesday. Otherwise I probably would. I'm going to try to make the event next year. Still a newbie into the cutting world. On a side note....if anybody knows anybody that could/would install a outdoor wood-burning forced-air stove...let me know. My area locally would be the best but I want a nice professional install.
Like one of these? This’ll be my 7th winter using it

View attachment 685776 View attachment 685775 View attachment 685776
Like one of these? This’ll be my 7th winter using it

Yes, I am looking at something like that. I have a HVAC guy coming over to look at my place next week to give me somewhat of an estimate for a hook-up. He told me $4-5k to just hook it up on top of the cost of the furnace. I about pooped myself. No way should it cost that much. I know the chimney pipe isn't cheap, but there's no way it should be $4-5k just for labor and piping to hook it into existing duct work.

Yes, I am looking at something like that. I have a HVAC guy coming over to look at my place next week to give me somewhat of an estimate for a hook-up. He told me $4-5k to just hook it up on top of the cost of the furnace. I about pooped myself. No way should it cost that much. I know the chimney pipe isn't cheap, but there's no way it should be $4-5k just for labor and piping to hook it into existing duct work.
I had less than $5000 in it with buying the furnace! I did it all myself though

Well guys I think we are going to cancel for Saturday.
Even if it doesn’t rain the temps aren’t going to freeze.
We don’t want to fill the bark with mud or tear up the fields.

Sent from Hoskey Hills

I had less than $5000 in it with buying the furnace! I did it all myself though

Ya, I almost started to laugh when he told me $4-5k just for install. We'll see what he says if he makes it over this week. Otherwise, still haven't had much luck on finding somebody yet. Talked to a guy from Belle Plaine and he said he'd take a look as well. The guy that is supposed to come over this week literally asked me "Why would you want a wood-burner? I could install a very high-efficient forced-air gas furnace for the $4-5k with labor and unit". I told him, I don't want a new forced-air gas unit, I want a wood-burner. I don't want to keep paying $200-400 a month just for heat in our old farm house, even with a high-efficient one, probably be at least $175/month I'd imagine. I didn't move to an old farm-house acreage to live a city life. I like the country life and burning wood just makes sense, especially with all the trees that need cut down and the property being cleaned-up.

Back