Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to get back up there again, but it is 2 mi in on a 4WD road (no electric, etc), so I prefer not to go alone and no one else seems to be available to go. Sometimes you don't get cell service, and it is just real isolated in case something goes wrong.

Sounds perfect:) Come back in the spring;)

Was cold, windy and trying to snow this morning so I hid inside until it calmed this afternoon.

Then I pulled a couple small piss elms out that been down over an old farm road in the woods for a couple years. Cut them up with the Jred 52 and called it enough. Didn't really want the wood but got the access clear! Will split it up ones pretty decent. The other not so great.

Will make it easy to cut n haul that other big oak limb next. Guess I coulda pushed the elms down in the slough but that seems a waste.

It's been awhile guys.... But I'm underway for the season. I'm getting the house good and warm to prep for the 18 degree low tonight. I figured I would add an extra pic of last week's gtg.
f1fa97f31363327fdeb679182c77bcc7.jpg
e9824831e55645c7dd22d9c8ceffb5ed.jpg

Real nice 044, looks like a 12mm saw. Very hard to find 044/440s around here, lots of 460/461s.

Is the cylinder straight fin or angle fin?

Interesting how the old oil cap protectors did not yet have the notch to hold the cap cord.

That saw should provide many years of good service.

Real nice 044, looks like a 12mm saw. Very hard to find 044/440s around here, lots of 460/461s.

Is the cylinder straight fin or angle fin?

Interesting how the old oil cap protectors did not yet have the notch to hold the cap cord.

That saw should provide many years of good service.
Mike now I have one finger balance.DSCN5362.JPG DSCN5360.JPG

I got that other oak limb almost cleaned with the Jred 52. Had to stop to help the neighbor lift the chopper onto the back of his 7720 rear wheel assist combine (high lift!). Went good we had 4 guys no knees or backs sacraficed!

So there's a pile of rounds left to split and another tank or so cutting left. I did get one small bucket split but just parked it in the shed. Figure Friday I'll pull it up to the house ta fill the wood box and stack the rest in the shed.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

My girls (ages 5 and 7) had the neighbor girls over for their first sleepover. I was able to get everyone asleep by 10:30 or so last night anyhow. Figured they are too young for an all nighter like older girls do lol.

Heading to my mother in laws later this morning. I know the food will be good and hoping for no political discussions ;)

Today will be a cold one, and even now so this evening and into the night. My wife and I are headed upstate to Jefferson Co. PA to visit her family and to feast. Still remnants of snow from last week's freak snowstorm, though it had snowed yesterday where we are heading to, so i expect it to appear as much winter as it currently feels. No complaints here though, I prefer the colder months.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans, and best wishes to all my friends to the North, Down Under, and across the Pond.

Back