562xp run with larger saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So do you guys think the 562 will run with the smaller cc larger platform saws like the 6400, 365, 415, 2166 and such? Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.

So do you guys think the 562 will run with the smaller cc larger platform saws like the 6400, 365, 415, 2166 and such? Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.
I have owned or rebuilt many 365/372/375 saws oe and x-torq. At the moment only have 1-375, 1-390 and 2-562's. If 30" wood and smaller is all I will be cutting, will take the 562. 562 will pull a 24" bar and sharp chain in red oak without a problem. On that 30" and above stuff, I do enjoy that ported 390. Now let the **** storm begin! :popcorn2:

Probably yes, hence the large mount design.

Ported they are a thing of beauty.

Will they last? Probably nowhere near the old iron in terms of durability. Comparing a 562 case to a 266 case is just a joke. The 266 is just massive compared with bigger/heavier/more durable components.

Defined Obsolescence wasn’t a thing back in the day. It is now.

I think in the firewood cutting divisions of guys more saw is used than necessary most of the time. It's just what we do.

The 562xp will pull a 28" full comp semi-chisel in N.E. hardwood, though slow it will. If necessary. The oiler seems to do O.K., not optimum but O.K. They are quite a versatile chainsaw. Big heart for a small saw.

I'm in the process of building a 562xp for myself right now.

I keep reading about how versatile the saw is so I bought a blown up 2014 562xp to build as a test saw . I'm hoping it will become my does everything saw and if not it will still be fun to run I bet..

What I cant wait to see is if it will out pull my 038 magnum with a 25" bar or not?? If so that means I dont have to carry the ol piggy 038 in the Bush anymore which is a good thing..

I had some repair/ maintenance work to do this morning to my work saws. I put a new tsumura bar on the 562 and sharpened the chain, put a flywheel cover and intake shroud on a 390 that wears a 28" bar, and put a bushing in the gz7000 cut up saw. As I was boxing them back up I looked at the 576AT in the box and replaced it with the 562! That's should tell you how much I like the 562! Ive literally cut MILLIONS of feet with a 576 and I retired it in favor of the 562!

Back