Ms362 parts exchange and muffler question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david1988

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hay guys Newbee here with what will probably be a dumb question. Will the ms362 I bought a few weeks back part interchange with any other model??? It’s not a ms362c or anything just the plain ms362 and it’s mainly the muffler I am interested in swapping. If anyone can tell me a website to go to to purchase a duel ported muffler or a modified muffler that would be awesome because that’s the only reason I need to know about interchangeable parts. I modified mine and opened the exit up and it now melted my brake handle off and burnt the top cover to. So I was just wanting to buy one already Modded and seen that the ms362 mufflers I cant find any that’s not factory and the ms360 I could and they look like mine kinda so thought I would see if it would work befor I purchased one for another model first. But like I said if y’all know who sales moded mufflers for ms362 I’m gona just go that route thanks guys

The new two piece muffler works with the older 362 as well.
The chainsaw guy on YouTube sells a “buckshot” muffler for the 362. There was also someone on here that modded mufflers but can’t recall there name.

Let me ask you: why?

The MS362 muffler is basically two empty pieced of stamped sheet metal bolted together. It's about as free-flowing and especially as loud as it gets: this is one of the loudest saws I've ever owned. I had to buy brand new Honeywell earmuffs because the old Bilsom I have were simply not up to the job. And you want to make it even louder? :dizzy:
And another thing. I don't understand why you people buy a brand new saw and immediately feel the need to start tampering with it. Unless you have already signed up for Yukon Jim's Hot Saw Championship it makes no sense, and always remember that just because people on YouTube say their "tuned" saw will "destroy" the competition it doesn't mean it's true.
I always say I am a tall handsome stallion of a man, but reality seems to get in my way pretty often. ;)

Page froze and it
Let me ask you: why?

The MS362 muffler is basically two empty pieced of stamped sheet metal bolted together. It's about as free-flowing and especially as loud as it gets: this is one of the loudest saws I've ever owned. I had to buy brand new Honeywell earmuffs because the old Bilsom I have were simply not up to the job. And you want to make it even louder? :dizzy:
And another thing. I don't understand why you people buy a brand new saw and immediately feel the need to start tampering with it. Unless you have already signed up for Yukon Jim's Hot Saw Championship it makes no sense, and always remember that just because people on YouTube say their "tuned" saw will "destroy" the competition it doesn't mean it's true.
I always say I am a tall handsome stallion of a man, but reality seems to get in my way pretty often. ;)

The fact you ask why, tells me you never tried it . My 241 became a different saw when I opened the muffler a little. I even made a block off plate, and run it stock again. You do realize they're only this restricted in the US right?

Back