King of the SLEEPER saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOR THE WIN!!!!!:laughing:
@pioneerguy600 maybe one of these?
46358141_10204821513012938_6737893051278032896_n.jpg

46463468_10204821513252944_2826368156153413632_n.jpg
Definitely a ,Sleeper!

So compared to cars, a sleeper is a stock appearing vehicle that has a modified engine etc. That's how I see it.

A sleeper is actually a mundane, boring looking car that has been modified for performance. I’m not into the street racing scene, but I’m guessing that it’s pretty hard to fool people these days with a sleeper. The old rear wheel drive cars that lent themselves to that kind of modification are becoming scarce and just the fact that you’re driving a 30 year old car is a pretty good indicator that it’s no longer stock.

A sleeper is actually a mundane, boring looking car that has been modified for performance. I’m not into the street racing scene, but I’m guessing that it’s pretty hard to fool people these days with a sleeper. The old rear wheel drive cars that lent themselves to that kind of modification are becoming scarce and just the fact that you’re driving a 30 year old car is a pretty good indicator that it’s no longer stock.
Pretty much what I said. :crazy:
And it’s not hard to fool people. The new generation of hot rodders have cars you wouldn’t expect (fwd 4cyls) that will scoot.

Dolmar makita. Almost any saw they make or made because most people are like who's dolmar?
More specifically I would say the 6400 series 7900
Dcs6421
You can buy them and rent them from your friendly Home Depot Okay I lied they don't rent them out anymore they only carry the EA 6100 p which is okay too they are a sleeper cuz nobody knows about them really everybody's heard of Husqvarna and Stihl.
I swear between my stupid phone and this website and autocorrect and voice to text we've got a real recipe for disaster here

I think I own it. And it was even worse before the advent of lithium batteries.
View attachment 686486
Haha. That is quite possibly one of the worst saws most of the blue Ryobi stuff was piss poor until you slapped one of the newer lithium ion batteries on it like the old blue circular saws you might get halfway through a sheet of OSB before the battery would die now with the new Lithium-ion batteries and that same saw you might be able to make 10 cuts

No Poulan/Craftsman 2.1 or 2.3 fanboys?
I agree on the PP330 my 335 was a solid performer for years. Just looked like a walmart special.

I have a couple of the 2.1 Poulans and for what they are and cost new when I bought them---$79.99 they are a great little saw with just the mufler drilled out a tad. Small limbs less than 6" are not a problem and the little thing gets used more than it should at times. I also have a screamer ported 372.

The little Ryobi 14" 37cc; $109 at Home Depot. Several members own one and my daughter bought one. I unboxed it, fileld it with gas and bar oil and it fired the first pull. Not a heavy duty saw, but a good deal.

Latest posts

Back