Oregon Pro-lite vs Stihl E-matic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbuehning

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Stopped in at a Stihl dealer in a high rent neighborhood today to check pricing on a 3/8-50 18" Ematic and ES bar. I almost S**t myself. He qouted me 44.00 USD for a 18" E-matic and said that was the discounted contractor's price. Makes my dealer look like a saint.

Two questions:
1) How does the Pro-Lite bar compare against the E-matic.
2) Does anyone have a listing of Stihl retail bar prices.

Thanks for help and opinions.:buttkick:

Much better metallurgy on the ES stihls, but a pro lite is MUCH cheaper and it is functional. If its a standard ematic...the Stihl stuff is still a little better but there's not tha much difference.

Stopped in at a Stihl dealer in a high rent neighborhood today to check pricing on a 3/8-50 18" Ematic and ES bar. I almost S**t myself. He qouted me 44.00 USD for a 18" E-matic and said that was the discounted contractor's price. Makes my dealer look like a saint.

Two questions:
1) How does the Pro-Lite bar compare against the E-matic.
2) Does anyone have a listing of Stihl retail bar prices.

Thanks for help and opinions.:buttkick:

Thats a bit high if they are saying its a contractor price. Lists full price for 42.00, if its a 3003-000-8917 bar, that be a 18in 3/8 050.

The Rollomatic E is lighter and a bit more wear resistant than the Pro-Lite, but the Pro-Lite is still a good bar.

If it is worth the added price is up to you, it sertainly doesn't last 2 times as long, but often balance the saw better.....

Last edited:
Thats a bit high if they are saying its a contractor price. Lists full price for 42.00, if its a 3003-000-8917 bar, that be a 18in 3/8 050.

Just a followup, stopped at my dealer, this morning, and he sold me a 3003-000-8917 Rollomatic E at 37.00; no questions asked. Nice feeling!! :cheers:

Back