Sachs-Dolmar Rotary Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fordriver6

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Saw an ad on the Richmond VA Craigslist for a Sachs-Dolmar rotary chainsaw. Dont know much about them; I need to read more about them on here. Not sure if the $3k asking price is in the ballpark or not for something that was only made for a year.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/d/chain-saw-wankle-rotary/6749731731.html

There is a vintage chainsaw discussion going on over at garage journal, and somebody mentioned wankel saws and I remember the ad I saw recently. The thread is in the free parking section which is only visible to registered users.

They are certainly a collectors item and being so any price a person wanting one is willing to pay is fair game. There are few of them out there so any one selling one can ask for a high price but it will only sell if someone, most likely a collector is willing to pay for it. Three thousand sounds a little high but then again.

You'd be lucky to buy a clutch cover and an air filter for $400...

My price figures I already have six of these saws around. Two of them never had fuel in the tank.

Things I noticed are:
Muffler / Muffler studs
Bar Studs
Broken rear hand guard
Outer spike bar
Uneven paint wear in spots

My price figures I already have six of these saws around. Two of them never had fuel in the tank.

Things I noticed are:
Muffler / Muffler studs
Bar Studs
Broken rear hand guard
Outer spike bar
Uneven paint wear in spots

Ok, if you have any in similar condition for sale, I'd gladly give you $400 plus shipping for it...:)

Back