Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I split here on my place, do majority of the bucking here or at the golf course. More fun tools to use there of course.
View attachment 687431
savagerywithinreach, I live In Urbana and man I love all those trees !!!!! If at any time you would be willing to share some of those awesome logs let me know...IMPRESSIVE outfit :)

LOL no! I am just a guy with regular job. The wood i get on weekends when I can. All of this is coming from my parents neighbors yard he wants cleared. So i am trying my best to take advantage of that and get ahead a year or two for once in my life. I would love to have dry wood.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

as I say, that's a lot of wood. u should be able to meet your goals, that's for sure... send some splitting n stacking pix, if u get time... or have the inclination...

I live In Urbana and man I love all those trees !!!!! If at any time you would be willing to share some of those awesome logs let me know...IMPRESSIVE outfit :)

yes, definitely a notch or two above: Homeowner Level! those skid steers with the claws can do a lot of work... fast!!

LOL no! I am just a guy with regular job. The wood i get on weekends when I can. All of this is coming from my parents neighbors yard he wants cleared. So i am trying my best to take advantage of that and get ahead a year or two for once in my life. I would love to have dry wood. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

with those big chunks do u roll 'em over and split in the vertical or raise to splitter and split in horizontal?...

This is hilarious I thought. Split some wood today i thought it appropriate.
852cfbe439bf5223053fe8acf0296673.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

savagerywithinreach, I live In Urbana and man I love all those trees !!!!! If at any time you would be willing to share some of those awesome logs let me know...IMPRESSIVE outfit :)

I live out by Heath east of Columbus. Most of my wood comes from a golf course in the city. However if you have a trailer and want in on some shenanigans a co worker just bought a 2 acre lot outside of Lancaster and has been dropping ash trees and several others to clear for a house. We are free to take anything we want. Several ash still standing that need to come down. no clue on size. also have the go ahead to go to a friends great aunts farm they have 30-40 ashe trees they want dropped and done away with. Im very lucky to be able to get wood from the gold course however I'll let you know when the ground freezes and they get some down.

I live out by Heath east of Columbus. Most of my wood comes from a golf course in the city. However if you have a trailer and want in on some shenanigans a co worker just bought a 2 acre lot outside of Lancaster and has been dropping ash trees and several others to clear for a house. We are free to take anything we want. Several ash still standing that need to come down. no clue on size. also have the go ahead to go to a friends great aunts farm they have 30-40 ashe trees they want dropped and done away with. Im very lucky to be able to get wood from the gold course however I'll let you know when the ground freezes and they get some down.
I have friends in Pickerington, hope you like Mopars. We made it out to the Mopar Nationals one year and it was a blast. Was also during the State Fair. That was a blast too. It was amazing the difference from our County Fairs. First time I had corn on the cob grilled in the husk. I'd go back just for the corn. Welcome to the site.

Thank you and please let me know when ya have some down...That would be awesome Thank you....

Photos from last week. Lots of frozen dirt. Rained yesterday, snow is gone, and back at it this morning. Dirt turned to mud of course but making better progress, and it is all Oak. Used the log arch on the bottom ones. Just too dirty. My own wood lot needs to dry out some, or freeze, before I get back to that.IMG_9905.jpgIMG_9904.jpg

thanks! real nice, that's for sure. I like the adj wedge height. no shortage of power, 22 gals per min! and who wouldn't like that chunk lifter. only prob for me is... it would cost me upwards of $6K! 'cause I would also want a new MS 500i and a pair of these to go with it all... in field and around the splitting site... lol :yes: but I am on my way... already got the green yard kart! ;)

Wesco's

zwb.jpg

I roll them to the splitter which has a hydraulic lift up to about waist height. Best thing I have bought in many years!

I see why you say that. the system is very well engineered, to say the least! and considering it has two systems, both cost effective and has a lot of utility built in to it.

Past two mild mornings with no wind and very little snow on the ground four hours total I squeaked out two face cords with the Fiskars eight pounder. I'll be bringing this pile out about eight more ft towards me. I'm very happy at age 64 I can still do this.View attachment 688159

I guess it's true: one picture is worth a thousand words! what type of wood is that?

Latest posts

Back