70 cc king

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70 cc king

• STIHL 440 series

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • STIHL 460 series

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Husqvarna 372 old

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Husqvarna 372 x torq

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Husqvarna 365sp

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • J-red 2171

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Dolmar 7900 series

Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters
. . . or borderline 70cc Dolmar PS-7900 & 36"

How do you like milling with that combo? I have the exact same setup I think. But got the feeling the saw does not really like pulling that much chain. We're milling european oak @ full width. Takes 15 minutes and almost an tank to go through 5 meters.
I'm a total milling newby btw.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

All things being equal (chips,raker height etc) more rpm in cut will get thru log faster

What I'm pointing out is you can and should run a more aggressive chain on a saw with lots of torque. Why should you run the same chain on a high RPM low torque saw as you do on a high torque saw that will cut a lot faster with a aggressive chain. Steve

What I'm pointing out is you can and should run a more aggressive chain on a saw with lots of torque. Why should you run the same chain on a high RPM low torque saw as you do on a high torque saw that will cut a lot faster with a aggressive chain. Steve
I don’t own any high - rpm ; low torque chainsaws ... your saw should have balls everywhere especially 12500 rpm in the cut —— 2 models of same Saw ... road running between them ... one is stock , the other ported ... stock 10000rpm ; ported 12500 rpm .... same weather conditions, same chain , gas oil etc ... which one gonna cut faster ?

I kind of agree. This is also why I don't necessarily pay 100% mind to HP outputs and rpms. A saw with 1k less RPM can still have faster chain speed if it runs a bigger driver. Chain cutting profile also. The fastest drag trucks are now diesel, but that would have never of happened if people didn't start running lower numerical/higher ratio gearing to make use of that short /huge torque power band.

Throw 32" bars on them and see what walks out on top...rated max rpm has absolutely nothing to do with rpm in the cut with the rakers down except snag.

I have watched the the 4200 wipe a 044 and a 372 ass's in person. All saws perfectly good running saws
in stock form with mm on newer ones.

Throw 32" bars on them and see what walks out on top...rated max rpm has absolutely nothing to do with rpm in the cut with the rakers down except snag.

I have watched the the 4200 wipe a 044 and a 372 ass's in person. All saws perfectly good running saws
in stock form with mm on newer ones.
Thats exactly why I use my cs620 over my 562xp.

Back