Inside the MS462C - Snellerized Style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes I seem to be failing.

so lets look at the very basic's of how a strato engine works and go from there.

the fresh air fuel charge enters the crank case through a normal port the same as any other piston ported engine, other then it has a richer air fuel ratio then 14/1.
the strato ports open at close to the same time as the intake port. the fresh air is drawn down the transfer ports filling them with fresh air.
this all happens on the compression stroke.

on the power stroke.
exhaust port opens releasing pressure.
then the transfers open purging the cylinder with fresh air, the rich fuel charge comes in late in the cycle and mixes with the remaining fresh air trapped in the cylinder. now the air fuel ratio is close to 14/1.

There was a first generation with 2 butterfly’s and generation 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad should step in

And do what? I stated how I mod these. This saw has nothing to do with a saw with dual venturis like the 441. I mod them entirely differently. I also started that in my experience, no other mod comes close to running like gutting the stratos does. Obviously, others disagree. They're welcome to do their own research and build their saws accordingly. I'm not here to argue theory. My real world results trump theory. I've have saws modded like this in production use for several years now and they're still running great. I'm simply telling you you what works, for me. End of story.

And do what? I stated how I mod these. This saw has nothing to do with a saw with dual venturis like the 441. I mod them entirely differently. I also started that in my experience, no other mod comes close to running like gutting the stratos does. Obviously, others disagree. They're welcome to do their own research and build their saws accordingly. I'm not here to argue theory. My real world results trump theory. I've have saws modded like this in production use for several years now and they're still running great. I'm simply telling you you what works, for me. End of story.

I didn’t mean to make mad
Just wanted your words

You are still a God on here even a retired one

I can think of several others

Thor
And so on

once the stratos are gutted there is no fresh air. that's my point
That's my intent.

why not use the stratos to your advantage instead of a disadvantage ?
That's exactly what I'm doing here. I consider it similar to adding additional transfer ports.

Again guys, I don't build saws with the goal of maximum fuel efficiency. By the same token, I'm not trying to maximize how clean the saw runs. My only goal is to maximize the power it makes. I've done extensive research on saws built like the 462, namely the 261, and what I've done here makes the strongest saw by a significant margin, FOR ME. Again, I'm not here to discuss theory and I'm not telling anyone else how to build their saws.

brad, years ago you criticized me for not sharing info, now you criticize me for sharing info. what changed?

sorry for mucking up your thread
Obvious, not much has changed. You should really try and let it go. You're welcome to share all the knowledge and theory you want. That's not going to change the results of my own R&D. This mod works. Further more, I'm not trying to tell you how to build your saws.

The 280’s have that
It’s for back pressure of mixed fuel and air
It was there smart carb that came years ago

stihl calls it intella carb, it compensates for a dirty air filter

Yah ... very simple to test “theory” measure exhaust coming out of stock ; conventional ported and Snellerd gutted wonder mod ... IF pollution rises to unacceptable levels than the modifications MUST be considered a failure - no one should be inhaling toxic fumes IF this is proved to be the case

That's my intent.

That's exactly what I'm doing here. I consider it similar to adding additional transfer ports.

Again guys, I don't build saws with the goal of maximum fuel efficiency. By the same token, I'm not trying to maximize how clean the saw runs. My only goal is to maximize the power it makes. I've done extensive research on saws built like the 462, namely the 261, and what I've done here makes the strongest saw by a significant margin, FOR ME. Again, I'm not here to discuss theory and I'm not telling anyone else how to build their saws.

I don't expect you to.

Obvious, not much has changed. You should really try and let it go. You're welcome to share all the knowledge and theory you want. That's not going to change the results of my own R&D. This mod works. Further more, I'm not trying to tell you how to build your saws.

easy there, theres more then one way to skin a cat,

And just saying one more thing.
The value that these guys charge for their quality service is CHEAP compared to any other engine modification in other performance arenas you can buy. Personalized serviced, hours that they take and shipping you can't complain. And don't forget the production increase and fun factor. A ported chainsaw can't be beat no matter what quality recipe you buy into.

Latest posts

Back