70 cc king

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70 cc king

• STIHL 440 series

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • STIHL 460 series

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Husqvarna 372 old

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Husqvarna 372 x torq

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Husqvarna 365sp

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • J-red 2171

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Dolmar 7900 series

Votes: 15 13.4%

• Total voters
Really depends on the task at hand. When I was racing motocross in the 125cc class, it was ALL about horsepower. Pulling a load up hill is ALL about torque. Depends on the task, and sawing wood has a similar range of applicability IMHO. Of course there's also torque WITH revs, like my old 045AV Super used to provide, but then that's 87cc's:

I think you will find the comparison twixt MX bike & saw is a non starter during the moto, bike thottle opening is constantly changing so the torque /HP varies to each other (rev dependent) a saw in cutting mode is WOT with revs fairly steady/constant so the relation of torque to hp will be a constant at that #of revs
ExbdyxNh.jpg

These pissing contests are good for a laugh in down time reminds me of the time in bike racing when using less oil in the mix was more important than winning the race & then the pushers of less oil found they didn't win /finish & rebuilds were costing on here we have a similar my saw cuts faster than your saw But to me it's how big is the pile of cut logs at days end, what is the €'s worth in my pocket Frank is as far as I can gather a one man band with (don't know for sure but reckons he's good at saw porting )he's cutting sapling size wood & if making a living good luck to him in our set up we would have processed more wood by Monday morning tea break than he 'd get through in one or two days cutting, but horses for courses. I don't like to spout off , as so long as I'm making money& keeping vendor /buyer happy that's about it for me ,having been involved in logging since the mid 50's I guess Iv"e been there done that & got most of the"T"shirts. If I can help advice wise I will & my pursuit of knowledge is still strong but there are guys on here that to me are big fish in a tiny sea & will/can not see any variation on the theme except their's I let them get on with it with an an occasional pot stir

These pissing contests are good for a laugh in down time reminds me of the time in bike racing when using less oil in the mix was more important than winning the race & then the pushers of less oil found they didn't win /finish & rebuilds were costing on here we have a similar my saw cuts faster than your saw But to me it's how big is the pile of cut logs at days end, what is the €'s worth in my pocket Frank is as far as I can gather a one man band with (don't know for sure but reckons he's good at saw porting )he's cutting sapling size wood & if making a living good luck to him in our set up we would have processed more wood by Monday morning tea break than he 'd get through in one or two days cutting, but horses for courses. I don't like to spout off , as so long as I'm making money& keeping vendor /buyer happy that's about it for me ,having been involved in logging since the mid 50's I guess Iv"e been there done that & got most of the"T"shirts. If I can help advice wise I will & my pursuit of knowledge is still strong but there are guys on here that to me are big fish in a tiny sea & will/can not see any variation on the theme except their's I let them get on with it with an an occasional pot stir

He’s been on multiple forums, (& kicked off all of them but this one), as fabz/black cat chainsaw performance, etc., & it’s always the same song & dance.

He’s gotten a bit better at BS, but the end product is still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yah and now we’lol cut big trees ... I’ll pull out the ported 395xp slap a 42” bar on it and you do the same ... we know who will come out on top lol !

nope ... wrong again ... independent testing with video proof of said gains ... watch and learn .... ported with 7 pin rim ... muffler mod ... 5 cuts 12sec ported 17 sec muffler mod ... gain of almost 30% over muffler mod alone and roughly 50% over stock ... I can back up EVERYTHING pal - done the research and testing so I have the Knowledge!!! Out

Again, you are not achieving the HP and torque a good 60cc saw has. Look up the stock numbers, do you really think you can close the gap on 4.5 ish HP? No you can't, it's not physically possible. So then if your argument is simply based on the assumption of keeping the drivers the same, that also makes no sense. I don't care what you do to that thing, I can simply up my driver on either my slightly modded cs620 or my stock 562 and out cut that saw. You can't pull the gear those two saws can and you can't mod enough power/rpm out of it to compensate.

I sure miss riding 2 stroke motocross bikes. I only raced once in Englishtown NJ in open class. Those kids were too crazy for me in the 125-250 class. Man I need to ebay another 91' kx500!

Right, what do you think is going to pull better a 4 cylinder gas that make 400hp at 7000 RPM and 360 # of torque or a big diesel that make 400 hp at 2200 rpm and 1800 # of torque. Steve

With the right gearing it won't matter. If you can keep the engine in their power band the torque on the axle is the same. 400HP =400HP. Trucks use a diesel for it's efficiency, not for their torque.
Downside of a diesel is their powerband is smaller. Thats why a big truck has many many gears.
So if you have a high revving low torque 6hp saw and a low revving high torque 6hp saw, you get the same result in the cut by changing the sprocket (guessing the max hp range relative to rpm range is about the same).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No matter how you gear a 400 hp low torque motor its not going the pull 80000# up a hill as fast as a 400hp high torque motor. Steve
Ofcourse it does mate. The low torque just needs to use a lower gear. You can go tractorpulling with a wankelengine if you want.

A 7900/460/461/385xp belong in a different 80cc poll.
If it was about a boxing match, you'd be right. But this is about chainsaws (BTW thanks for sticking to the topic!)
For chainsaws it's about hp vs weight.
And maybe ergonomics, durability etc.
A 7900 weights less and has more power (yeah, yeah, also more torque). So if you are in the market for a 70cc saw, a 7900 is a logical contender. I do not get why anybody would buy a 6400 or 7300. Same weight less hp.

He’s been on multiple forums, (& kicked off all of them but this one), as fabz/black cat chainsaw performance, etc., & it’s always the same song & dance.

B1234140-A5E9-4B76-9DB0-C03C6A0A7327.jpeg

I sure miss riding 2 stroke motocross bikes. I only raced once in Englishtown NJ in open class. Those kids were too crazy for me in the 125-250 class. Man I need to ebay another 91' kx500!
My racing was done on Closed public roads(Ireland Isle of Man )& circuit racing in the UK & Europe I had 125cc Honda ,Aprillia & JJ Cobas KTM powerat one time or another all one pot liquid cooled & 250c Honda RS250 2 pot liquid cooled all 2 Smokes & then historic racing with 250cc Velocette & 350&500 Manx Nortons all one pot air cooled 4 strokes

Yah and now we’lol cut big trees ... I’ll pull out the ported 395xp slap a 42” bar on it and you do the same ... we know who will come out on top lol !

nope ... wrong again ... independent testing with video proof of said gains ... watch and learn .... ported with 7 pin rim ... muffler mod ... 5 cuts 12sec ported 17 sec muffler mod ... gain of almost 30% over muffler mod alone and roughly 50% over stock ... I can back up EVERYTHING pal - done the research and testing so I have the Knowledge!!! Out
So now you want to pull out a 94cc and go against my 61cc, guess I will have to pull out the 85cc 5200 then. Put yours stock instead of modified engine and then talk the talk.

Steve

So now you want to pull out a 94cc and go against my 61cc, guess I will have to pull out the 85cc 5200 then. Put yours stock instead of modified engine and then talk the talk.

Steve
You don’t run ported saws ? Oh you poor thing0EA83843-083C-4F90-96A8-F3665BBD0F4F.gif

Exactly.

You nailed it Fables.

Yeppers ! Some guys just have the knack for it .... and some guys .....................do not !

A while ago i did some reading about pro stock drag racing engines. On the Reher Morrison website they used to or still do have a lot of interesting info. In their search for speed in their car, it was all about increasing RPM. If i remember right, they were using a very large bore size and a short stroke to lower piston speed at the RPM they wanted to run, and maintain the same displacement. Not that torque can be ignored, but technically if 2 engines both make the same power but at different RPM. And they both ran exactly at the speed where the power was the same, there should be no difference. But as soon as you load them harder the higher torque engine will pull ahead. And the opposite usually happens if the RPM goes higher. In my pulling truck, because it's a gas class, it's all about RPM. Everyone went from oval port, more torque based setups, to high RPM square port motors.

Better hope he don’t get kicked off this one.
What the **ll we gonna have to read about and b**ch about :dumb:

Don’t get me wrong, he’s full of sh** in thinking his baby saw is gonna whip ass on any big saw.

But ya gotta admit .... you open up your browser and see if there’s any new and interesting posts to peruse.
If not, you can always count on some new action in one of these posts by Sergeant Shultz.
And to top it all off - for the WIN .... Husqvarna is always on top in his polls!

So, although he’s usually full of crap,
I salute you Seargent! :lol:

Better hope he don’t get kicked off this one.
What the **ll we gonna have to read about and b**ch about :dumb:

Don’t get me wrong, he’s full of sh** in thinking his baby saw is gonna whip ass on any big saw.

But ya gotta admit .... you open up your browser and see if there’s any new and interesting posts to peruse.
If not, you can always count on some new action in one of these posts by Sergeant Shultz.
And to top it all off - for the WIN .... Husqvarna is always on top in his polls!

So, although he’s usually full of crap,
I salute you Seargent! :lol:
Ah Yah ... I’m only presenting factual info - not responsible for others interpretation! 69C7772E-E0F2-485C-9DE8-F3B4AF766C0C.gif

Latest posts

Back