Hutzl g372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosocat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just ordered a hutzl g372 with the 65cc engine fully assembled minus bar and chain. Not sure what I'm getting into, but what the heck I thought it would be fun to try. Since i frequently put the cart before the horse, i thought id ask for opinions after i bought it. Has anyone else bought one of these, and what was your experience. I noticed after i ordered that they also offer the 372 with a 71cc engine. Should i have gotten the 71cc engine? Is there any difference between them, other than a few extra cc? Thanks for any feedback. Im not a pro, and dont know the plus minus on all these saws. I just wanted something a little more powerful than my stihl 180, which i like even though the pros sneer at it.

It should be pretty decent. I have their 365/372 kit. It was running really good, but the last time I cranked it, it fired right up then started running really rich and smoking, then died and wouldn't crank back. I haven't had time to look into the problem yet.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Maybe like others I debated about buying a clone chainsaw from China. Geopolitics aside, I was a little uneasy about a business profiting from the brain work of another company. But as far as I can tell hutzl is not breaking any laws. I assume all the patent protections have run out. So how is what hutzl is doing any different than a company who makes aftermarket fenders or seats for a classic car?

The huztl i built runs good
It was a short block came with a big bore.
The other china 365s i have ran good.
The only issue's i had are the pulse and fuel line's failed.
They split after a short while.
I've used many of their cylinders and pistons no problems.
Just relieve the port edges if needed.
The newer kits are much nicer than the early One's.
I like the pistons not the rings and circlips.
I prefer caber and oem rings and oem wrist pin bearings.
That's just my preference
If you use the supplied circlips
Cut most of the g off them.
There has been failures because of them.
Fun saws I've cut a lot with them.20180228_135134.jpg

Just in case anyone is interested, my hutzl 372 arrived today. Won't be able to start it and try cutting for a few days, but here are my initial impressions. First, the grip bar had scrapes and scratches on the metal, like it had been dragged on the floor or something. Second, the holzfforma decals on side of engine were slapped on crooked and are already starting to peel off. Third, and worst of all, the tool bag is a little plastic piece of dung. A glad sandwich bag would be more durable. Even the 85 dollar chainsaw I bought off eBay had a better toolbag. Anyway, this is all cosmetic, minor stuff but I sure hope they paid more attention to assembling the engine internals than they did to the cosmetics. All that aside, it seems like a sturdy machine. We will see.

Also, if any of you go to the hutzl site don't believe the customer reviews. I wrote a review about the cosmetic stuff and it never appeared on the hutzl site.

Also, I know it's spelled h u z t l, but autocorrect keeps changing it.

I made the mistake of reading the owners manual on the g372. On the back cover it says use a 25:1 Fuel ratio. But inside the manual on page 18 it says use a 50:1 ratio. Can anyone else with a hutzl tell me if you've encountered this? What ratio would you use?

I made the mistake of reading the owners manual on the g372. On the back cover it says use a 25:1 Fuel ratio. But inside the manual on page 18 it says use a 50:1 ratio. Can anyone else with a hutzl tell me if you've encountered this? What ratio would you use?
They slap that 25/1 moniker on most of the china saws I've seen.
Modern oils are much better
I've rebuilt many 50/1 saws with the bottom ends with very little oil getting to them.
I have run 40/1 since the 80s never a failure plenty of oil on the bearings and crank.
I have many ported saws.
Most builder's recommend 32/1 for high performance ported saws.
To each his own

I contacted hutzl. They said use 25:1 for break in (unspecified length of time). Then use 50:1. They also said something I've not heard before. They recommended 25:1 If using saw in cold winter conditions. Not sure what the logic behind that is.

Back