Fiskars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input, it is still a tossup. I was out splitting last night and I really like my splitter so I dont know if the splitting workout is in my future or not. And the splitter is safer like some were talking about. So thanks again

====

That looks interesting, can you post a complete picture???

Non-Fiskars:

attachment.php

Sorry stihl023/5, I'm not trying to hijack yer thread.

That's the first belt driven splitter I've seen on here, any idea how old it is?
Just to stay on topic heres my x27 delivered by Brown a couple days ago, $39.99 + tax from Amazon..Haven't tried it out yet, feels to be about the same weigth as my trusty ol maul...

View attachment 263062

View attachment 263063

Boy for the life of me I can't get this dammmmm picture thing down...Holy SUPER size batman, did't mean to do that

Last edited:
That's the first belt driven splitter I've seen on here, any idea how old it is?

It was built by a local farmer 30+ years ago. It's been in the family since then. I can't begin to imagine how many cords have been run through it.

Widow I just bought an X27 along with a Fiskars hatchet off Amazon...great deal! Your pic's are the right size, but "THOU SHALT EMBED PIC'S"! Why you ask...well I'll tell ya...most of us are too damn lazy to click on a pic to open up a whole new tab. So next time click on the "from URL" tab to embed your pic's:msp_thumbup:

Mac, that is one cool as hell splitter:bowdown:

Widow I just bought an X27 along with a Fiskars hatchet off Amazon...great deal! Your pic's are the right size, but "THOU SHALT EMBED PIC'S"! Why you ask...well I'll tell ya...most of us are too damn lazy to click on a pic to open up a whole new tab. So next time click on the "from URL" tab to embed your pic's:msp_thumbup:

Mac, that is one cool as hell splitter:bowdown:

=====

That the part I can't seem to get, and I deleted the super size ones before anybody seen them...
they were HUGE

What system are you running? Windows 7? If so download this Powertoy re-sizer:
Image Resizer for Windows - Home

Once pic's are in your computer and the Powertoy is downloaded, just right click on any pic, click on "re-size pictures", then choose "large". You can also click on a whole group of pic's for re-sizing all at once.

Just got an X27 today. Well not really an X27, but the Fiskars 36" splittling axe with the plain handle.

Wallyworld had it on clearance for $25, so I couldn't pass it up.

It seems to do a great job of splitting.

Also got a Fiskars 28" chopping axe that looked like it had been shuffled around there for a few years, but marked down to $9.
It's pretty sweet and small enough to strap on the side of a pack if I want.

I like the 28" length better for control, and feels safer. But I'd guess the 36" is a more effective splitting length. And that's the only length(36") they had there in the splitting axe configuration. So that's what I got.

Actually, somewhere I saw something about a 31.5" splittling axe, which I believe would be most ideal.

Same. I'm 6' and really like the 36" spliting axe. Also consider the Fiskars ISO Core

Same. I'm 6' and really like the 36" spliting axe. Also consider the Fiskars ISO Core

I just got that about a month ago. First try it seemed very unbalanced and awkward. I haven't used it much but my accuracy is getting better and if I hit my aim point, the piece will split. Swinging an 8lb splitting maul sure does wear me out in a hurry though.

I'm getting used to the 36" length.
And for the smaller pieces I just choke up on it to get some wood on the ball.

Think I need about a foot of tape on it for a better grip. Maybe some pine tar...

Latest posts

Back