Alternate Source For Duckbill Valve?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for an alternate source for the duckbill in the following photos:

IMG_6299.JPG IMG_6300.JPG

The large to diameter is 0.475" (12.07mm)
The mating hole diameter is 0.180" (4.57mm)
Keep in mind that this one may have swelled or shrunk due to age and fuel exposure.

These were used in Stihl gas caps as vents as well as some chainsaw tank vents. It may also have been used in some old Walbro primer bulb carburetors.

I believe that these are still available from Stihl but for $10 each!

Does anyone recognize these and have a less expensive source?

Thanks,
Steve

Hello,

I am looking for an alternate source for the duckbill in the following photos:

View attachment 689282 View attachment 689283

The large to diameter is 0.475" (12.07mm)
The mating hole diameter is 0.180" (4.57mm)
Keep in mind that this one may have swelled or shrunk due to age and fuel exposure.

These were used in Stihl gas caps as vents as well as some chainsaw tank vents. It may also have been used in some old Walbro primer bulb carburetors.

I believe that these are still available from Stihl but for $10 each!

Does anyone recognize these and have a less expensive source?

Thanks,
Steve

I guess the Holley carb vent umbrellas didn’t work for you?, as you asked the same question over two years ago on a “Stihl grub screw tank vents?” thread.

That looks like a Walbro part, sorry don't have the number handy.
I think that you might be right since Stihl and Walbro were in bed with each other many moons ago. I have found Walbro part number 176-64 but don't have a sample to try for fit or measure for dimensions.

I guess the Holley carb vent umbrellas didn’t work for you?, as you asked the same question over two years ago on a “Stihl grub screw tank vents?” thread.
Good memory! Different valve. That one was a "mushroom" this one is a "duckbill" I think the duckbill is older.

That saw uses a 0000 350 5800 can vent, maybe the valve is stuffed down inside of the can, under the sintered metal filter, & not an individually serviced part.

Don’t have one, but you can get one cheap & dissect it.

You’re right about the Holley valve being only checked one way. That valve you show is double checked, almost like a Walbro 176-126-1. Your pictured check has an umbrella & a DB combined for a purger bulb dump & refill operation.

I believe that I saw these (or something very similar) in a version of the 026/MS260 low profile tank vent.

Just dug around through a bunch of IPLs and found 4114-353-1600 used in a later version of the 026 tank vent assembly and it goes under the sintered filter. However, I think it may be smaller than the one that I am looking for.

I get them from the local diesel shop fuel filters
3296dbb66b5d1257342e998b919f5278.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You cannot tell us what the saw's model number is?
Well, the actual application is not for a saw it is for the tank fuel cap vent in a lot of Stihl's brushcutters. Rather than sell a replacement duckbill they want to sell you a $22 fuel cap instead!

Do you have any old primer bulbs (or a new one)? If you remove the bulb, the check valve in the base of the primer looks to be the same. Not sure about dimensions.

Just went and dug around in my scrap Walbro carb pile and, unfortunately, I don't have any primer bulb Walbros to steal and measure.

I also just did some measuring on the intended application tank cap vent:
Outside bore = .535" (13.59mm)
Duckbill hole = .198" (5.03mm)

I also see "4133" stamped on the part that holds the duckbill. Anybody know what model(s) the Stihl 4133 series is?

Latest posts

Back