Is the shop lying to me and next steps?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoodLuvr's stihl dealer can!
I would venture to guess if the dealer is a authorized sthil dealer and he is using chinese parts and passing those parts off as Sthil OEM, it wouldnt take but a phone call To Sthil Corp to make the dealer fix the problem or lose his dealership.

I would venture to guess if the dealer is a authorized sthil dealer and he is using chinese parts and passing those parts off as Sthil OEM, it wouldnt take but a phone call To Sthil Corp to make the dealer fix the problem or lose his dealership.
Well it was done, but the op has personal relations with said stihl dealer and doesn’t want to pursue it. This way other people in his area get ripped off too.

Tired of proving myself. I used said saw for that tree. Took me about 30 minutes of keeping my finger on the throttle the whole time. That was probably my second mistake. Right after I added the wrong oil/wrong ratio I should have stopped there.

That's right, I forgot that you mentioned that already, ok I'm on board. Anyway, a 91 cc saw seems like too much saw for a homeowner. Are you going to sell it and get something more practical after your done with the rebuild?

The way I recall the story is the repair shop later clarified as a Stihl dealership sold the ms660 as a used unit. Do you recall or can point to text stating said dealership's claim of service to such unit?

Since the terms and conditions of this site pertaining to not be a monitor seem ignored, might start a new build thread.

For others in a situation similar to the title here, write and mail a letter to consumer protection in your state. They will get a written reply and send you a copy.

If you want a good laugh watch the really early Taryl videos that were spoofs of a reality tv show. Those are a lot cruder than the current ones.

It would be a choice of writing to Stihl or consumer protection or both or neither. Suppose could join another internet discussion group. The OEM vs after market issue likely is the only lying issue and since verbal??

It took until page 16 to clarify hard to keep running meant hold throttle wide open for extended time.

Why would Stihl get involved in a used saw sale?

Because the STIHL Dealer claimed to have replaced the P&C on that used saw they sold, with OEM Parts, and there appears to be some concern whether the parts were OEM.

The dealer wouldn't be required to use OEM parts, I don't believe, if the parts are identified AS AM, but the claim was that the parts were OEM, and in actuality may Not be OEM.

Doug :cheers:

Because the STIHL Dealer claimed to have replaced the P&C on that used saw they sold, with OEM Parts, and there appears to be some concern whether the parts were OEM.

The dealer wouldn't be required to use OEM parts, I don't believe, if the parts are identified AS AM, but the claim was that the parts were OEM, and in actuality may Not be OEM.

Doug :cheers:
He put on a $30 cylinder kit. There’s pics of it somewhere in the previous pages. Told the op it was a new oem top end and sold it to him for$900. Then when the saw blew up he wanted $750 to fix it. This guy is a crook and I’m sure the op is not the first person he has done this to, nor will it be the last

Without proof that the saw was sold by the shop in question and that the parts were falsely identified as OEM, I doubt Stihl would take much interest. Not unless there have been a chain of other complaints about the shop.

A company can’t just take the word of a disgruntled customer, because a fair number of them lie. In my own job, I have “not at homed” jobs many times only to have the customer later swear we never showed up. We have GPS, phone and electronic records which prove otherwise, however.

Without proof that the saw was sold by the shop in question and that the parts were falsely identified as OEM, I doubt Stihl would take much interest. Not unless there have been a chain of other complaints about the shop.

A company can’t just take the word of a disgruntled customer, because a fair number of them lie. In my own job, I have “not at homed” jobs many times only to have the customer later swear we never showed up. We have GPS, phone and electronic records which prove otherwise, however.
The chain of complaints have to start somewhere

And how do they get such a chain??? It starts with someone reporting such behavior to them!!!
This is one of the big problems we see in this country today. People seem to just bend over and take it in the arse a lot instead of standing up for themselves. They don’t want to confront anyone or are cause any commotion. I would slap that $30 cylinder on the dealers counter and say what are you going to do about this?! Nicely of course.

Dealer sells me a second hand $900 saw with a $30 Asian part on it, I ain’t going in “ nice “. Just my HUMBLE opinion. :cool:
What’s a shame is if the dealer was looking out for the ops best interest, for $150 more, he would have walked out of the store with a brand new ms461. More saw then he will ever need and it would have lasted the rest of his life

Back