• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS260 project/parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper_Pete

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Stihl MS260 with a scored cylinder.

it was fine a month and a half ago , when I had a new Walbro carb put on at my local saw shop . I figure it sat with gas in it all summer and that gummed up the original carb I didn't run that saw much last spring.
I had some issues with a fuel line pinching about 2-3 weeks after the new carb , it worked right after the new carb , fule line , impulse line and fuel filter fine but the new fuel line was long and being bent over a few weeks it pinched. resolved that issue by cutting it shorter.so it wasn't bent as much , it was running better but not right I took it back today he adjusted the carb and ran if for a bit , then it died , he pulled the plug and said it was scored.
I rebuilt it 2 years ago with a NWP kit but I just don't have the time right now between work and family obligations and getting next years wood cut I need to spend my time off work cutting and I would like to get what I can reasonably out of this saw to get a bigger saw that is ready to cut. I have another 55cc saw to get me by for now.

a break down of what I think things are worth

I have the saw.
2 - 20 inch bars in used but good shape .325 .063 ,25 dollars each
2 chains in with a lot of life left .325 .063 81 dl , 5 dollars each
1 almost use up chain free
the original Stihl cylinder and piston free

I would like to do this as a packaged deal 110. dollars obo + actual shipping cost or local pickup I could meet you in southern WI.

to give you an idea since I bought this saw new in spring of 2007 I think I have only owned 6 maybe 7 chains for this saw one met a very early end when I found a nail mid oak tree , I used up 2 maybe 3 others I hand file and there are the 3 I have in the picture one mostly used up. figure the saw is basically 3 maybe 4 chains old it seems rubber lines have been it's down fall now twice.Stihlms260.JPG

I think I have enough takers on this for a backup and a backup to the backup I need to get shipping numbers today at the post office.

to be fair I will be offering it in the order people replied .

I will let you know if anything changes but for now consider it sold have let 1,2,3 know who they are and their order via pm.

thanks , Pete

Latest posts

Back