Pissing off a cs620

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmellyPirateHooker

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm on the fence on weather to mod this saw myself or send it. I usually do my own work but I like this saw so much that I'd like to see it real potential. Who's been porting and playing with these things? If nobody well known ill probably just dive in myself.

I'm surprised there isn't many who have played with these yet. A few have done the 590 and even less the on the 600. Can't even find cutting video testing a hot 620.

I'm surprised there isn't many who have played with these yet. A few have done the 590 and even less the on the 600. Can't even find cutting video testing a hot 620.
A ported 590 and 620 are going to want around the same numbers. Till it's all said and done they will run damn near the same. Also heard a few builders say the 590 piston is better in a ported saw. Biggest thing in my opinion is the money saved on a 590 will nearly cover having it ported.

Well if that's the case I'll probably just do a base gasket delete, bring the ports back to spec and maybe clean them up a bit. I haven't seen a ported 590 vid that seems like it's doing a whole hell of a lot more then a muffler modded 620.

Speaking of which, aren't we due for a Stihl fan boy to pop in saying "just get a Stihl"!
I was shopping for a 362 when I got my 590 glad I didn't go that rout. $300 more for a saw that doesn't do anything better isn't worth it. I guess the m tronic got better but the standard carb saws weren't impressive.
I'll stir it up AS has been slow lately.

I was just cutting along side my brother and his family (stihl fan boys) with the echo. They had nothing for me, I didn't even have to take out my fully modded, over driven 288xp currently sporting a 20". Their necks were stiff as it was from all their head shaking.

Last 590 I built.

@Dahmer owns it now.
Think @James Miller Has ran it at a gtg too.

620 coil/carb

Starting with a 620 is the way to go. But I believe the 590 cylinder/piston will make the most power.

That thing is holding nice RPM in the cut. So in your opinion is it worth going nuts on the 620 jug or just gasket delete/port correction?

Back