To Those with an Echo CS-490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyduster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello I'm New Here
I had an Echo CS-490 that was stolen and I really liked it. I bought another one my 1st one started cold 2nd pull burp every time. My new one takes 7 or 8 pulls to burp cold.
How many pulls cold to start your Echo CS-490
Thanks in advance.
Mike

My cs-520 is cold blooded, it takes it time to warm up when it's cold outside. Worked pretty hard yesterday on some very hard Locust
Have you removed the pea shooter tube in the muffler? Removing the tube makes the 520 a whole different chainsaw. A very noticeable increase in power.

Have you removed the pea shooter tube in the muffler? Removing the tube makes the 520 a whole different chainsaw. A very noticeable increase in power.
Is this a difficult process? My 520 is the first pro saw I ever bought and it's been so flawless that I'm almost afraid to mess with a good thing. I got it before I learned about tuning. Still has the limiter caps on. All the saws I buy now get the caps pulled before I fire them up. A bump in power is always a good thing. I'd be more interested in the mod to help the saw run cooler.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Is this a difficult process? My 520 is the first pro saw I ever bought and it's been so flawless that I'm almost afraid to mess with a good thing. I got it before I learned about tuning. Still has the limiter caps on. All the saws I buy now get the caps pulled before I fire them up. A bump in power is always a good thing. I'd be more interested in the mod to help the saw run cooler.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

May be a dumb question but without the limiter caps on wont the screws move when running it?
Thanks

May be a dumb question but without the limiter caps on wont the screws move when running it?
Thanks
Most carbs either have springs or rubber grommets under the head or tight to the shaft that prevent them from turning after the caps are removed. Some say to reinstall them but for myself I don`t if there is either of the two above mentioned devices that will hold the screws from turning. If I could not discern if there was something there to prevent them from turning then by all means reinstall them after final tuning.

Latest posts

Back