noodling helpers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just how porous are egg shells?? Come on, I am all for saving a buck or two but a bale of shavings or straw/hay is plenty cheap. Ditch the noodles.

What breeds are you running?? We are working on breeds that lay colored eggs as they fetch a premium. This year we went with black copper marans which give an egg that looks just like it was made of dark chocolate but they were plenty broody.

I don t think you need to be Dr. Spock to figure out that the bar oil is going somewhere. It is either on the ground, the cut or in the noodles. Now you can do whatever you want, but in my book neither chickens or eggs should be marinated in bar oil. You like to eat that stuff, knock yourself out. I bet you don’t have any problems with scaly leg mites.

I bag my noodles barehanded for the neighbor (chickens) and I have NEVER had so much aa a bit of oil on my hands. For the amount of noodles produced a tank of oil dumped right on the pile would just disappear.

You need to find something else to worry about.

You guys are truly crazy. Their aint no way you don’t find oil. Wow. Do you spread used motor oil into your driveway to keep the dust down? Perhaps you could suggest another windmill I can take a tilt at?

Just how porous are egg shells?? Come on, I am all for saving a buck or two but a bale of shavings or straw/hay is plenty cheap. Ditch the noodles.

What breeds are you running?? We are working on breeds that lay colored eggs as they fetch a premium. This year we went with black copper marans which give an egg that looks just like it was made of dark chocolate but they were plenty broody.
Porous? There's a film on the outside of that egg that allows them to sit on a counter top for months. Any oil the noodles may contain is likely retained by said noodle. I don't do it to save money, I do it because it works rather well. Our chickens actually prefer the noodles, yes I've observed this through the multiple nesting boxes we have.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back