You might be a logger if...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be a logger if... You are in your driveway shoveling snow and you can hear a yarder crew whistling logs up the hill across the Hiway from you. You listen to the whistles and you know just what's going on. That happened to me last week. I was ready to drop that freakin shovel and grab my caulks.

I get the same reaction when the snow starts to melt and the start of the season is getting close.
The late winter sun, the sounds and the smells of logging really gets my blood flowing again :)

You might be a mechanic faking being a logger if:

Every old piece of junk you go look at makes you think ‘I can make money with that’

If your theory is you cant run old **** but you can run old iron

If you spend most of a year getting ready to log so the logging goes buttery smooth ha ha

I cant get your video to load FP but youre either pulling some dang good wood or you've only got 2k or so in your skidder! Ive spent a damn fortune on my machines and Im still running what most would consider old junk. My winch is down on the dozer right now and its going to cost me every penny I can make in 2 days working it when I get it back just to pay the repair bill. Another 2 days to pay the help and the haul bills, so The next week I get to work is already gone.

Huntaholic, you caught the jist of it perfectly. It’s an old TJ 404, but we’ve got just over $2,000 into it and it runs not bad at all.

I’m a heavy equipment tech by trade, my business partner is as well plus he’s a ticketed millwright too. It’s awesome for us: we can make old stuff work like new and it just costs us time and parts.

Back