Can these Stihl chains be ordered online

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can only buy Stihl product at an authorized Stihl dealer. They do not sell on the the internet.

That said, you might find the chains on eBay. Sometimes you can find NIB chain there.

I am not familiar with the specific chain you are looking for, but there are probably some members here on AS who can help you find an alternative.

63 PM 55 3/8lp
63 PM3 55

26 RM3 62 .325
26 RM 62

and if so where?

Local dealers don't seem to have a clue and the "Pro" dealer says 26 RM 62 doesn't exist.

Tia

here's the stihl list of chains. 26rm3 62 is listed.(green saftey chain) 26rm 62 is not listed but none of their yellow label chains are. 63pm 55 is yellow label,63pm3 55 is green label saftey chain.
https://m.stihlusa.com/WebContent/C.../STIHL-Saw-Chain-Selection-Identification.pdf
closest thing i can find is a 26 RSC 62. https://www.amazon.com/Stihl-26RS-62-Oilomatic-Chain-Drive/dp/B0076WX0UM

Shadco,
You might also be able to find a dealer that will make up loops for you of similar, but not Stihl, chain.

I guess your dealer can't or they would have mentioned it.

Shadco,
You might also be able to find a dealer that will make up loops for you of similar, but not Stihl, chain.

I guess your dealer can't or they would have mentioned it.

Or got the the local hardware store that carries stihl, and ask them to order them. The "Pro" shop in the area really isn't familiar with 241-C's even though they sell them.

E-Bay has Stihl chains NIB. You might have to watch until you find the one (s) you want. I've purchased quite a few myself that way.

Keep an eye on the prices though. Just cause it's on E-Bay doesn't mean it's a screaming deal.

I bought these just a few weeks ago.

s-l1600.jpg

63 PM 55 3/8lp
63 PM3 55

26 RM3 62 .325
26 RM 62

and if so where?

Local dealers don't seem to have a clue and the "Pro" dealer says 26 RM 62 doesn't exist.

Tia

The 63 pm3 55 should be an in stock very common one. With the 7 tooth rim drive kit 56 for 16” and 62 for 18" is what I use, more interchangeable with brand x and have Stihl part #.

Baileys resells Stihl stuff like eBay often for more $ than list but it is easy.

Have you tried a John Deere/Stihl place?

E-Bay has Stihl chains NIB. You might have to watch until you find the one (s) you want. I've purchased quite a few myself that way.

Keep an eye on the prices though. Just cause it's on E-Bay doesn't mean it's a screaming deal.

I bought these just a few weeks ago.

s-l1600.jpg
I bought a new 16" Stihl bar and chain for under $35 shipped to my house. Ebay does have some deals.

The 63 pm3 55 should be an in stock very common one. With the 7 tooth rim drive kit 56 for 16” and 62 for 18" is what I use, more interchangeable with brand x and have Stihl part #.

Baileys resells Stihl stuff like eBay often for more $ than list but it is easy.

Have you tried a John Deere/Stihl place?

There is one about 20 miles away they service my Zero Turn, will give them a try.

Thanks

Contact your regional STIHL distributor. You can't order them directly from STIHL on line, but they can tell you whether they are available in your region, and may be able to direct you to a stocking dealer.
https://www.stihlusa.com/information/corporate/about-us/corporate-branch/

If it is available, any STIHL dealer should be able to order it, although, their interest in that may vary. My local dealer gets 2 - 3 shipments per week from the regional distributor, and is always happy to add small parts, special Philbert requests, etc. I have heard of other people being asked to pay a special order fee, and / or wait a week or more. Good way to sort out area dealers too.

Philbert

I haven't had to pay an order fee yet. When I've had to order parts, it usually takes a week or so. I'm never in a hurry, so that's fine.

The nice thing is, that I can call on the phone, order the part I need, and they will let me pay for it when it arrives. If they quote me a price, for whatever reason, the actual price is usually lower than the price quoted to me. :confused:

I haven't had to pay an order fee yet. . . . The nice thing is, that I can call on the phone, order the part I need, and they will let me pay for it when it arrives.
That's the advantage of a good dealer, and a good dealer/customer relationship. Not everybody has or appreciates that.

Philbert

I haven't had to pay an order fee yet. When I've had to order parts, it usually takes a week or so. I'm never in a hurry, so that's fine.

The nice thing is, that I can call on the phone, order the part I need, and they will let me pay for it when it arrives. If they quote me a price, for whatever reason, the actual price is usually lower than the price quoted to me. :confused:

Exactly like my local dealer - no order fee, no prepay, etc. He will order whatever I want as long as I get to him by noon on Tuesday. Blue Mountain usually delivers to him by Wednesday or Thursday.

The only reason I order some of my chain loops online is I can get them cheaper. He is a shop hand and one-man show at my local Ace Hardware so his hands are tied when it comes to pricing.

Back