Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello I am the guy that had the new in a box p41 and I wish they would have me give a heads up on them posting as you don't know is answering emails, here are some of my pioneer saws hope you like thanksView attachment 690974

Now that you're on this site, stick around and share some of your Pioneer knowledge with the folks here. Amazing collection you have in this picture.

Hello I am the guy that had the new in a box p41 and I wish they would have me give a heads up on them posting as you don't know is answering emails, here are some of my pioneer saws hope you like thanksView attachment 690974

Hi I have a question about how to remove the carb on an HC Pioneer to put in a kit. The carb seems to be positioned tightly in the rear handle assembly. Looks like I would need to remove the assembly to get the carb out or is there a special trick here? Any help wouldbe appreaciated. I have the part diagram Thanks John

Attachments

• IMG_6324.JPG
    IMG_6324.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6325.JPG
    IMG_6325.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6326.JPG
    IMG_6326.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 18
Hi I have a question about how to remove the carb on an HC Pioneer to put in a kit. The carb seems to be positioned tightly in the rear handle assembly. Looks like I would need to remove the assembly to get the carb out or is there a special trick here? Any help wouldbe appreaciated. I have the part diagram Thanks John
I believe the whole handle comes off with the carburetor attached and is only held to the rest of the saw with 4 studs/nuts. Its been a while since I had mine torn apart. The carb is a standard tillotson HL, so the kit you need is an RK-88HL, which should be available pretty much anywhere. There ought to be a rubber boot between the carb and the body of the handle, it should be removed in order to slide the carb off the studs for removal.

Best of luck. Here is mine
20160330_171337.jpg

I saw the cannon bar on Craigslist, but I didn't know what it fit so I passed on it. Looks like that was a bad decision.... hahaha. glad you and cookie got it all.
If you or anyone is Intrested in some of that stuff let me know. I’ll pass it along for a reasonable price to people that can appreciate it.

If you or anyone is Intrested in some of that stuff let me know. I’ll pass it along for a reasonable price to people that can appreciate it.
I assume the bars are all Pioneer mount? If so, how long are the 2 shorter ones? I'm thinking the grey one would be a good fit for one of my Farmsaws.

Job done by removing tank and rear handle. Unfortunately the saw has lost spark so a test run will need to wait. Could be due to degreasing and hosing with water so will see after drying out otherwise will check connections etc

I believe the whole handle comes off with the carburetor attached and is only held to the rest of the saw with 4 studs/nuts. Its been a while since I had mine torn apart. The carb is a standard tillotson HL, so the kit you need is an RK-88HL, which should be available pretty much anywhere. There ought to be a rubber boot between the carb and the body of the handle, it should be removed in order to slide the carb off the studs for removal.

Best of luck. Here is mine
View attachment 691218
Thanks for this. Your HC has been restored to a high standard! Will see if I can post some pics of my HC and others including an RA, 600 620 and 650.

Back