My chainsaw doesn't get any fuel (I think)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the head busted off it will probably come right out with a left handed drill bit, it shouldn’t be tight in there anymore unless they used some form of loctite. If the left handed drill doesn’t remove it, use an easy out.

Hello everyone, I'm going to sum up all the things that happened today in the chainsaw-saga.
I went to the homedepot and bought:
A screwremoverset; 3 euros
A threadmaker (wich in the end I did not need) 8 euros
A set off cheap metal drills (of wich I broke half :) ) 2 Euros
A few new bolts. 2 euros
So I headed home, and started working on the saw. And yes, like you said @Jasonrkba , the smaller bolts ARE a PITA.
First I tried the screw remover, but that didn't work because the bolt had broken off really deep. So I tried drilling a hole, and after that I would make a new thread with the threadmaker. But I never got to that point. First one drill broke. Then the second drill broke, forcing me to switch to a bigger drill. Then that one broke too. The hole was getting wider and wider, and i didn't now how I would ever screw that bolt in there. There was nothing visible of the thread. I was about a fifth inch deep now, and still only a big hole without thread. After hitting my head against the wall for some minutes, I tried the screwremover again. And suddenly I got grip, and I was able to drill down the bolt, but because the screwremover was much thicker than the hole I needed, I stopped before I would go through and through. I grabbed a very thin drill, the thinnest I had, and started drilling in the center of the screw. And then, in an instant, the remains of the screw came out! I looked inside the hole, and saw with great joy, that there was still a little bit of thread left at the very bottom of the hole. So I put everything back together, and it started briefly, but spinned again through the brakes and way to fast. So I opened it back up, and it turned out that I had been a little bit too cautious with tightening the bolts. I tightened them a little bit more, and it WORKED! Because it is already dark out here, I only cut a few small logs, but tomorrow I will cut some bigger stuff, and keep you updated. There are some pictures below, @lone wolf . ThanksDSC_0363.JPG DSC_0364.JPG DSC_0366.JPG DSC_0363.JPG a lot for all the help guys, it really means a lot!

Douch it with premix real good if you didn't have a rag stuffed around the crank you don't want shavings floating around no Bono. May need a longer allen bolt or wider.

Latest posts

Back