Echo CS400 vs CS490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the one that Home Depot has now that’s $580 plus tax?
I just looked at the one you are talking about. Just from the external view it does look a LOT like my 490 except for the metal Handle. My brother bought a cs600p which looks a lot like my 590. It may be a little different but not enough to entice me into buying yet another saw. Have a great Christmas. Blessings

Is that the one that Home Depot has now that’s $580 plus tax?
I just looked at the one you are talking about. Just from the external view it does look a LOT like my 490 except for the metal Handle. My brother bought a cs600p which looks a lot like my 590. It may be a little different but not enough to entice me into buying yet another saw. Have a great Christmas. Blessings

@Red97 what's the differences between the 490 and 501? If anyone knows it would be you.
501 is entirely different animal unde true hood

Decomp instead of ready start recoil. Unlimited ignition, sure a bit betterr timing. Metal handle. Captured bar nuts. Different piston and cylinder.

Sold the one I had before getting much time on it. Probably get another to play with soon.

Just like the 590vs 620 the 501 is worth getting if you lik e the 490 and its in the budget.

501 is entirely different animal unde true hood

Decomp instead of ready start recoil. Unlimited ignition, sure a bit betterr timing. Metal handle. Captured bar nuts. Different piston and cylinder.

Sold the one I had before getting much time on it. Probably get another to play with soon.

Just like the 590vs 620 the 501 is worth getting if you lik e the 490 and its in the budget.
Thank you for that information. My Grandson and I dropped a fairly big Oak with the cs590 today. Here is a photo. House on the Left , Mobile home on the right. Back and side lean. My biggest bar would not go completely through. No huge, but bigger than we normally work with. He doesn't climb and I stopped at age 69 so it had to be a drop as is and hope you get it right. Did use two guide lines. Good day.

Attachments

• IMG_20181223_185524_769.jpg
    IMG_20181223_185524_769.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Back