050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farmer, what method do you use to initially clean up a saw? I am thinking about picking up a harbor freight parts washer.

When I first get them I blow off with compressor. Then I give them a bath in the parts washer. I got a nice commercial one with safety kleen for short money years back. That cuts through the grime very nice. Then I use aircraft paint stripper to get 60% of the paint off then sandblast the rest. After that it gets a bath in ultrasonic cleaner and then baked in the oven before powdercoating:)

Alllllllrighty then, seems like ya got it down to a science!

I have been using shop brushes to knock the big stuff off since I haven't bought a compressor yet ever since I bought a battery impact. Although it is getting g to the point where I need one to blow off saws and air up tires, I just REALLY dont want to!

I haven't bought a compressor yet......, I just REALLY dont want to!

You'll wonder how you ever got by without one..., even with a battery powered impact. A butterfly always comes in handy as does a small air grinder. But you'll really get the big mileage out of a good air nozzle. The best one out there is a Vacula VAC72-020-1050. Not just an ordinary air nozzle. Can blow the chrome off a trailer hitch or be used for delicate air flow just with the trigger based regulator. Needs some air to work with, tho. I get by with a 33 gallon compressor. Anything less would be severely taxed and not be able to deliver what the nozzle is actually capable of doing at its maximum flow. Best shop money I ever spent next to electric lights. LOL

No, that is what I am used to. My Dad owns a sawmill and I would do daily maintenance on them after work. Here I am trying to be slick and not get a compressor when even the wife told me I should get one.

20181230_173212_resized.jpg

Also my IPL is of no apparent use on for the internal worm seal. Any ideas? Is it replaceable? It looks like an O-ring. I have been afraid to try and remove it until I know I can source a new one.
Are there any earlier IPL's floating around for the early 051s?

I have the manual for the Stihl 075 AV and nothing is shown on how the oiler bolts to the block of saw. There are two ports with rubber seals that line up with the pump holes in the case, a spring and ball bearing fell out of the holes when disassembled. Can any one tell me if they go in the upper hole ball bearing first?? Also there was a tiny o-ring 3/8" OD or so, that showed up on the table after cracking the case. I could not figure where it came from....maybe the oiler?? the oiler had two ruber seals that mated wit the holes in the case so I don't think the o-ring came from there.

So the manual pump is in the oil resivoir side and the main pump in the front hole pto side. There’s two types of manual pumps. The earlier ones had the 4mm bb and spring, the later ones it was eliminated. I’m fairly certain that the spring slides into the case and the bb sits against the semi circular indent into the lower port on the pump. I usually use a dab of grease to hold the bb onto the pump to reinstall it. As you mentioned there are two orings as well on the back of the manual pump. I’ll try to post a pic when I get home later. Cheers
I’ve had problems (lots) with these manual pumps and have had to re-spilt several cases after a build was done to get these buggers working. I like to check operation before I get to far.

Back