McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible that my 800 came from the factory without a chain brake installed? I pulled the side cover and after cleaning it up realize that there's not even anywhere on the paint from the brake band rubbing. After looking closer it doesn't look like any of the brake components have ever been installed.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
8a56d90eb56e8412705f0732738211e1.jpg
54215f43aa05f139ee68ff77dfc137b8.jpg

I believe it is 3/8” coarse thread 1/2” long flange bolt. Size is not listed in my IPL. I may have a spare if you can’t locate one.

Torque to 120 inch pounds I believe.

Ron

To answer your question Jethro if there was ever a 100ish cc saw that Mac ever made or had on the books in the 10 series,the answer is no.The biggest in the 10 series was the 6-10 & 7-10,both of them at 70.5 cc.If there was a bigger one drawn up on paper,but never put into production,that I couldn't tell ya.I did notice though that the 10 series went from the 1-10 to the 7-10,then it skipped the 8-10 & 9-10,& went to the 10-10.In theory Mac MIGHT'VE had plans for an 8-10 & 9-10,but this is only conjecture on my part.All of the saws in the 10 series were mostly 54 or 57cc,with the exception of the 6-10 & 7-10,which as stated previously were 70.5 cc.The only way to get a definitive answer on this would be to find an old timer (if there any left that are still alive) who worked at Mac as an engineer.
Ed

Don't forget the anti vibe saws Ed. 57 60 70 an 82cc a 100cc could fit under the covers so that's why I wondered if it was ever considered back in the 70s before black and decker even.

The original question was if Mac ever made any 100 cc saws IN THE 10 SERIES or had them on paper.I didn't know that the 1-85, 1-86, 790, 795, 890, 895, 550 fell into that category.
Ed

To be fair to the "10" series saws, most folks would also naturally include the 82cc saws in that lineup even though they weren't labeled as x-10 saws..., same as the other saws not festooned with the x-10 badge, but clearly still part of the "10" series design. Here are a few...

Untitled.jpg

To be fair to the "10" series saws, most folks would also naturally include the 82cc saws in that lineup even though they weren't labeled as x-10 saws..., same as the other saws not festooned with the x-10 badge, but clearly still part of the "10" series design. Here are a few...

I thought the 82cc were all 10 series just like the 70cc PM700/SP70 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought the 82cc were all 10 series just like the 70cc PM700/SP70 etc.

That was my point. x-10's weren't the only 10 series saws..., at least in terms of the fundamental design and parts interchangeability.

I always wondered wht the skip from 7-10 to 10-10. A larger saw makes sense, though I'd bet it might have been an 82cc saw not 100cc.

Again sort of my point. Weren't they beginning to introduce the SP and PM versions shortly after the 7-10? That certainly included the 82cc saws.

That was my point. x-10's weren't the only 10 series saws..., at least in terms of the fundamental design and parts interchangeability.

Again sort of my point. Weren't they beginning to introduce the SP and PM versions shortly after the 7-10? That certainly included the 82cc saws.

I spose thinking about it the large frame saws were still taking care of the big stuff when the sp80 was new so maybe by the time a bigger 10 series could of come around mac was already on the ropes and were chasing the homeowner market

Not an expert, but the 82cc MACs share many parts with many within the ten series. Except for maybe the spark plug, there is little to no interchange with the large frame saws. The 82cc MAC are so thirsty, I can’t imagine much productivity with a 100cc one. Ron

Not an expert, but the 82cc MACs share many parts with many within the ten series. Except for maybe the spark plug, there is little to no interchange with the large frame saws. The 82cc MAC are so thirsty, I can’t imagine much productivity with a 100cc one. Ron

Never thought of that Ron they do scoff a tank down pretty fast

Latest posts

Back