Kit saws.. farmertec? Reviews. Advice?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for everyones replies. I have found a couple OEM options. Debating between a 034 super and a 440 both sane price might pick em both up.. I did pick up a 038 super today. In need of a good going threw. Price was right.

Speaking of part kits, did anyone pick up one of the 660/ 361/034
Kits that where super cheap on walmart.com Christmas morning?
I got a 361 shipped for $60
I think they sold like 50 saws in a couple hours

I ordered one of the Ms360 kits. Should be delivered by Dec 28th. I won't be surprised if I get an email saying that it was a mistake.

Thinking Bout buying a kit saw as a learning experience.. want to put it all together like a model car kit. Seeking advise on hutzel/farmertec. Or any other kitsaws. Any other brand kits?
I have built a 025, MS361, 038, 044, 066, and Husqvarna 372XP from these kits. On the 025, the handle screw holes on the bottom didn't line up so I had to drill them out and put helicoils in to attach the handle. Also the clutch springs were too stiff and wouldn't engage the drum so the clutch was replaced and now everything works fine. The MS361 had the fuel hose kink and made the saw run too lean. Replaced with OEM line and works great. The 038 has a crappy air filter and the flap won't close. Ordered replacement. Not here yet. The 066 needed a better chain tightener. Replaced with OEM. The 044 is my favorite. Everything went together well and it runs fine. Only thing I did to modify it was put on a full wrap handlebar. On all these saws, you just have to put them together and see what needs to be replaced. Sometimes the clutch, sometimes the chains tightener, air filter, etc. The worst was the Husqvarna because I couldn't find any information on which bolts went where. Just had to figure it out. That took quite a bit of time.

Dang you guys making me want some now. Darn work stuck here for few more hours. Lol. Any of y'all got 038 brake handle

I wake up at 4 Leave by 430 clocked in by 5:15. Stuck till 5. I wished I had never stepped out of my full-time tree/logging business. This ful time job crap sucks. Rather tun my own company again. Was just getting to hard to compete with bucket trucks n chippers.. had to turn down trim jobs bc I gaff everything.. hauling loads cost me.. dump fees cost. . The under dog never got his belly rubbed.. although I did manage to make a profit without raping customer.. how I don't know.. good ground crew?

I wake up at 4 Leave by 430 clocked in by 5:15. Stuck till 5. I wished I had never stepped out of my full-time tree/logging business. This ful time job crap sucks. Rather tun my own company again. Was just getting to hard to compete with bucket trucks n chippers.. had to turn down trim jobs bc I gaff everything.. hauling loads cost me.. dump fees cost. . The under dog never got his belly rubbed.. although I did manage to make a profit without raping customer.. how I don't know.. good ground crew?

Have to agree with that. Been working for myself since late '80's. I pretty certain I'm too big an a hole any more to work more than a few weeks for anyone. Someone tell me to do something dumb, I'd just have to state how dumb it really is. Bosses don't appreciate that. No one to do that to working for myself.

I wake up at 4 Leave by 430 clocked in by 5:15. Stuck till 5. I wished I had never stepped out of my full-time tree/logging business. This ful time job crap sucks. Rather tun my own company again. Was just getting to hard to compete with bucket trucks n chippers.. had to turn down trim jobs bc I gaff everything.. hauling loads cost me.. dump fees cost. . The under dog never got his belly rubbed.. although I did manage to make a profit without raping customer.. how I don't know.. good ground crew?[/QUOTE

My boss always says it's the ground guys that decide how much you get done. The boss can only cut as fast as we can get the rope back up and or limbs/logs out of the way/chips dumped. A good ground crew is crucial to being successful/happy/home at a decent time. A good boss helps us groundies work hard/efficiently/safe. Back at it in the A.M
Good luck w/ your new saw OP, if I had some more space I'd try a 365/372 kit

Forget space! Hide a few away n play it off as your repairing one! Just be sure to get rid of the box it came in if u buy a saw from here lol

Have to agree with that. Been working for myself since late '80's. I pretty certain I'm too big an a hole any more to work more than a few weeks for anyone. Someone tell me to do something dumb, I'd just have to state how dumb it really is. Bosses don't appreciate that. No one to do that to working for myself.

That I will agree with.. I express me opinion daily. Thankfully everyone knows I was my own boss. So they just overlook it n say I don't care how you do it. Just do it. And get it done

Back