Ms 660 for 50$ am i seeing this right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years back, had a guy who knew all the backside of the shopping cart program we used on our website sales. He was able to slip an order of 4 or 5 of an item through the system and it would invoice just one item. So he would order $300 worth of memory, but the bill charged to his credit card was just for one. He even went so far as to have an email address of '[email protected]'. Obviously he was working his magic at many online retailers. Question for you, was I supposed to ship his full orders out when he was hacking my system?

Different issues here 100%. Advertised price, purchased and paid for advertised price. Then order was canceled to not honor said advertised price. This was no trickery....

If you had posted “on accident” a product for a lower price than you normally would. Would you have honored it and learned the lesson to double check, or would you you have canceled the order and said so sorry too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never really expected to get this order, (simply too good to be true), but at the same time I do feel that Walmart ought to try to honor their advertised price. When they put that out there they were agreeing to a deal. Just because It was a bad deal on their part is not sufficient reason for them to back out of it. We all end up paying too much or selling for too little from time to time.

I used to deal with marketplaces like this, guessing hlsupply screwed up their pricing feed and copy and pasted the wrong line item for the price. Probably uploaded the cost line.
Yeah now you know what the markup is

Mistake maybe . Bad business absolutely. On both parts Walmart and Hls. Price should be honored they did not sell thousand s of kits. If mistake was made I their favor that's just pricing

Haha haha! Hey at the end of the day if I get my money back or it was never taken I would throw too much of a fit. But it was worth a try

Same sentiment here, no big deal, they just screwed up.
Item or refund is the only obligation they have.

All this doesn't surprise me at all though, if you frequent hl's "deal of the day", they mess up pricing and descriptions quite often...

I have always stated in my website's policy that human error occurs and if we screw up a price we'll do whatever we can, but margins are small and we may not be able to honor an honest mistake in pricing. From outside looking in, we have no idea how this listing occurred - it may very well have been a hack. And there is no inventory available at that price, so a simple cancel makes sense to me. Especially jarring that people on this forum who know what the price should be are mad they can't get a deal that is obviously too good to be true.

It could have been a legit price- HL trying to get in good with Walmart, a test to see what the demand is, or a Walmart sponsored loss leader promotion. Or Walmart, known for driving supplier's margins down to the bone ("but you'll make it up on volume!"), got them to go down as low as they can go and that's really their cost. It seems like their cost ought to be more like $125-150 but that's just a guess based on Huztl's retail price... it's possible that it could be lower.

But if Walmart's cancelling the orders that price clearly was a mistake.

Mine wasn't cancelled. Package arrived today.
81ZQn5flZSL._SX466_.jpg

On the deal forums price mistakes are always cancelled. The trick is to go for next day shipping so they ship before canceling.

Could this be in response to copyright issues raised by stihl?Lawsuit filed, letter sent, items canceled...end of story. They listed as ms 660 repair parts, not aftermarket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on the response I got HL canceled the order and Walmart pretty much blamed it on them and said they sent a message to contact me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back