Any saws run good in the water?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not the answer you where hoping for, but battery power works alright under water in most cases.
I know the struggles. We live in an area where in winter it is mostly wet. And if you want to do something without a catepillar, you need to wait for some deep frost and you never know if or when that happens. Can be between decemer and march, mostly just a week or two.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Are you talking under water or in heavy rain. Pretty sure any of the name brand chainsaw manufacturers can run in the rain with safe precautions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was cuttung the other day in a wet spot. Standing in 6 inchs of water cutting suspended dead ash tree. What a pain its been this year. Iv had to get all my wood out with a wood cart. Too wet for the atv.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Not sure. I know that Paul Newman's big Mac wouldn't run in water when he tried to cut the logs to save Joe Ben who got trapped between logs in river. "Sometimes A Great Notion". The Mac did cut well when Newman cut desk in half.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
You beat me to it.

Not sure. I know that Paul Newman's big Mac wouldn't run in water when he tried to cut the logs to save Joe Ben who got trapped between logs in river. "Sometimes A Great Notion". The Mac did cut well when Newman cut desk in half.

A bunch of us here on A/S passed around a copy of that movie 10 years ago or so...good movie, and an even better book. Ken Kesey wrote it, a damn good writer.

There’s a lot more coming too. No relief for you southern boys for awhile

Just griping. This is one of the wettest winters I can remember. My back yard is a swamp.
I think it's paying us back for Michael not dumping as much as predicted, at least thats my view from 30mi north of what was Mexico Beach, get home next week and start sawing lots of oak, along with trying to get FLA Pile burner certification and roof and other repairs completed, think I will be sawing, piling, and burning for most of the year.
Edgar

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just griping. This is one of the wettest winters I can remember. My back yard is a swamp.
I’m with you...I have 16 acres and I’ve been having a hard time getting to it this year when it’s convennient. On top of that, my wood is outside because I’m pouring a slab after the holidays so I’ve been piece mealing wood inside my shed. This rain in CT over the past few months have been killing me.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. lol

Pretty sure I saw Noah down the road building some kind of huge boat.
We are pretty much in the same boat up here in NJ. 75% above our annual rainfall. It sucks and I feel your pain

Guess we'll have on rain coats tomorrow. Got to set out the hog trap, been too wet or raining every weekend. Almost got stuck last Saturday scouting out a place. All the rain has had the creek bottom flooded out running the pigs into the fields and they are tearing it up real bad. Looks like someone had been mud bogging every where. Done got sick and tired of the hogs and the rain.

Steve

Back