• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Oil plug for Stihl 056 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitelightnin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
43861885-6171-49E1-84F3-31DFC4F4701A.jpeg 4ECC5810-FC22-41EA-937A-2A1108F3CA36.jpeg Looking for a bar oil plug for my father’s Stihl 056 AV chainsaw. He’s using a bolt in it right now but the thread pitch isn’t quite right to seal it. Any of you guys have a good used one laying around?

Can't speak about the 036's as I don't have one. But all the 056's I have use a shouldered/gasket clear plug with a cast in he in the middle. And they are all the same size.

Maybe the confusion is because you are calling it a plug. It is not a plug it is a cap. An oil cap is made to remove to fill the oil tank. A plug is a semi-permanent fixture. The clear type allows you to see the oil level in the tank without removing the cap. The one in your picture is for the 090 Stihl. Mike

Latest posts

Back