Reducing Squish on a Poulan Clamshell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is is one cool thread iv been moding my wildthing for a long time now and been runing out of carbs to use i got the saw up to 20'000 rpm on accident but what carb did u use?

Is is one cool thread iv been moding my wildthing for a long time now and been runing out of carbs to use i got the saw up to 20'000 rpm on accident but what carb did u use?

I believe it's a WT-391, which is stock on the versions with A/V. It's been bored out to about 14mm. 20k would be extreme indeed! I keep a 19" (68DL) bar on this so it won't rev to the moon, but it pulls it well.

What part did u bore out to 14mm? See woth my stock carb witch workes the best i have the h screw max so i can get the saw to run super fast like 16k rpms and idels at 7k or idels at 4k and only goes to 7k rpm so

What part did u bore out to 14mm? See woth my stock carb witch workes the best i have the h screw max so i can get the saw to run super fast like 16k rpms and idels at 7k or idels at 4k and only goes to 7k rpm so

I bored out the venturi - this is the thread where I was working on that: https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/boring-out-a-carb.296271/ I'm not all that sold on bored out carbs anymore, but this one went from 11mm to 14mm which was useful.

Usually running that high requires some lean mixtures which are liable to burn it up. Are you talking about no load rpm? I'm more interested in how they run under load, as I use my saws for firewood.

Back