Crappy Chinese Workmanship Explained

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to do a lot of the patch it up for cheap automotive work for folks. It got real old trying to manage expectations. People want it done cheap cheap and then will complain when it’s not quite perfect or doesn’t last as long as they had envisioned.
Most of these customers are older guys that have used these saws for years. They have like an 011 and are thinking of maybe buying a new 250 but want to get just a little more out of the old saw. I don't put anything together that won't last awhile under normal use, just use a few am parts rather than oem..

Most of these customers are older guys that have used these saws for years. They have like an 011 and are thinking of maybe buying a new 250 but want to get just a little more out of the old saw. I don't put anything together that won't last awhile under normal use, just use a few am parts rather than oem..
I’m with you there I put a huztl handle and a meteor piston in one of my 440’s that’s got a lot of hours on it.

A few years ago I bought an ‘84 gmc 3500 stake body. $2000, not bad shape new Omaha standard body, rebuilt 350 4bbl 4 new rear tires. The rest.....I always make an effort to buy quality once rather than junk twice. More critical dealing with a heavy commercial plated truck, go cheap and someone could get hurt or worse not to mention all the fun DOT in Massachusetts has with trucks over 10k gvw. I paid and bought the best rotors, calipers, new hydro-boost, Dayton 14 pack rear leafs, etc. Truck passed the brutal inspection they just started no problem. Peace of mind for me knowing I bought good parts, I didn’t do it all at once, when I had the cash I’d get what I needed. I do the same with every purchase I make.
Now that the important stuff is done I’ll be getting roller rocker, aluminum intake, headers (manifolds are leaking).

It does seem that Huztl has stepped up their game but some parts are just crap. Some parts like the magnesium clutch covers are nice. I recently used a husqvarna 266 gas tank that was the absolute cheapest I could find online. It feels cheap, it’s thicker plastic and heavier than oem, but it works. I am not selling the saw, so all I care about is that it works. I definitely seen some issues from certain no name suppliers that I haven’t seen with huztl. I used a huztl piston once and it was dimensionally spot on, but I had a 028 piston that was a no name and wouldn’t make good compression. Also a no name 044 piston that is 2mm shorter on the skirt. The Chinese copy of tygon lines lasted 1 week for they failed. You definitely have to be careful what you buy. It seems that huztl may have better QC than some other people. They can make some junk, like an ATV carburetor that was un-useable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread can be summarized as 'the price of globalisation". I prefer the way it was before.
Trading with our enemies is incredibly short sighted. With China throwing their weight around imperiously in the SCS you would think that the rest of the region would be wising up. Lots of examples in the 20th century. These people are going to do what they say they are going to. According to an article I read yesterday, they think they are about ready as they believe they have enough stolen technology incorporated in their military to do in the US pacific forces.

But we all do it! Im guilty of it and I bet 99.9% are. We all buy Walmart items and look for the cheapest parts. I make an effort to buy locally when it's within 10%. I may need to up that to 15% but that puts a dent in my tight budget.

To get way off track:
I wish the feds would stop giving our money to people (and countries) that didn't earn it!

Japan was taught about quality First from an American, we wouldn’t listen to him here so he took his quality teachings to japan. Looks like China didn’t get the memo lol.

My sister company in China we couldn’t take our profits out but had to reinvest it back into the company. This is probably what trump is talking about it’s not a fair trade system for everyone. It’s a one way street.

I build CNC lathes for China in the 80’s, they uncreated them on the shipping dock and left them out in the rain. One lathe has a 124” chuck and weighs 200,000 lbs. each part is 25 ton average. It takes five trailer trucks here to transport it.

Latest posts

Back