Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, those are some good looking saws boys. I am down to a p41, 3270s and a couple parts saw (farmsaw and p26) getting old and don't use them much. Shame that I am on the other side of the country these days, not much interest in the old Pioneers here. Think I'll be selling what's left and I'll look in the box and see what I have for parts and let you know.

I figured you'd be running the hell out of those Pioneers just to keep warm back east! Sorry you got rid of some of your collection. I think your buddy up in Snowflake is still scrounging some Pioneers up. They're definitely getting harder to find around here.

Glad to see you in here too. Don't be such a stranger.

LMAO I think not. One of these days I might end up with one. For now I will work on this one.View attachment 693917

Great looking saw Mike.

You need a 655 to go with your collection. After getting one I sold my 61. Still have a P60 but I hardly run it. It's hard to reach past the 655 to pull out the 60!

I figured you'd be running the hell out of those Pioneers just to keep warm back east! Sorry you got rid of some of your collection. I think your buddy up in Snowflake is still scrounging some Pioneers up. They're definitely getting harder to find around here.
Hey Paul! how are you doing! Glad to see that you are still here also! I milled some wood with the 3270 this year, still can't beat the lugging power that they have. I think I started the p41 once all year just to blow out the cobwebs. My biggest problem is that I can't start the saws i build, just put rings in a 272xp and the timing is a little advanced, pulls the rope right thru my hand. Bummer!

Both my big Pioneers can hurt you/me if not given a very dedicated pull on the starter rope, both run BP cylinders and are compression enhanced , I didn`t advance timing on them as they are hand rippers as is but are a pleasure to cut big wood with when given a chance. My advice is to keep them stock unless you are very adventurous.

Great looking saw Mike.

You need a 655 to go with your collection. After getting one I sold my 61. Still have a P60 but I hardly run it. It's hard to reach past the 655 to pull out the 60!
It seems like finding a decent 655 is getting harder. For now the p62 will get a p65 top end. The p62 is a dog compared to the p61 western.

Tried getting some comp numbers today for my PP62. All I could get was 120psi+ with the decomp in. Can barely pull 2 revolutions (not two full pulls) with it out and it's already at 90 at that point. Can't even pull it over any farther with the decomp out. What a dog. LOL ;) Funny thing is, I actually drop started it once right after I got it not realizing it had a decomp valve. Yeah. Silly me. Musta got lucky on that one because the next time 'bout pulled my arm outta the socket. Fortunately I soon discovered the decomp!

Latest posts

Back