Sachs/Dolmar 102

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil171

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was just visiting my dad and was in the garage looking at his chainsaw. I did not know he had a Sach Dolmar 102. Seems like a nice saw. Reason I did not know he had it is that he never used it bacause he has some sort of recoil issues with it. I posted a want for owners manual, and sm in the beg for manuals thread. Hopefully we can get the recoil fixed up. As well to note, on the rear of the airbox (?) there are two screws on top, however directly in line with them on the back of the cover there are two raised pictures of a sun and a snowflake? Hopefully someone here, or an owners manual can tell me what the symbols mean. If anyone has any opinions on this saw, I would appreciate to hear them.

Unless I can find the manual, do you know how it works, or how to use it? As well, I just read up that this is run on 40:1 just like my Poulan saw so I do not have to mix another jug of fuel.

Unless I can find the manual, do you know how it works, or how to use it? As well, I just read up that this is run on 40:1 just like my Poulan saw so I do not have to mix another jug of fuel.

If I remember correctly my SD 100 has a plate in the airfilter cap that is reversible, it lets cool outside air in during the summer and when reversed allows air warmed from the engine to enter the carb air box. Check page #9 and look for part number 3.

Interesting. Looks like there is a cutout on one side but not the other. I will pass this along to my dad so he knows. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back