Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small world. I’ve got a blue ‘69 just like that in the barn pic, but not the SS trim & paint striping. Shelby Spearco turbocharger kit from the eighties, mounted on a 350.

Fun old muscle cars, but scares the **** outta me now when I drive it.

I must be getting old!

Heck I am getting that way with a gooood 65cc and up stock saw in the cut. = getting old I guess. Hard to believe I used to run stroked alky/nitro saws.

94 in the 69 pic still hangs in shop right there.

My last adrenaline rush with saws ended 2010 when family came first to watch my son play varsity football for 3 years. So gave up racing saws.

camaro1969atnorwalkss1994.jpg_thumb.png h3120.jpg

You have many good memories with the cars and saws, would be fun to just sit and talk about the good old days, I could tell you about my 63 chevy 2 with many different engines or my 68 435 hp 427cu corvette convertible and maybe the 40 Chev 2 dr master deluxe with a strong 283. The fun lasts in the mind.

I had posted this in the chainsaw repair group after pulling nos and used parts for guys.

Just for this series of saws. Not even counting the shelf full of parts saws still.

After searching for parts for the air injection and muffler gasket for a member here and building 445 #2.
I realized my 8-9 bins full of parts was all disorganized.
Last night I set everything out on floor and put the parts in bins as parts groups.
I also noticed I was getting low on some parts after I been selling alot off for folks to get their saws going again. So slowing down on what I will sell in this series. Still plenty of parts just some stuff I wont sell till I quit running this series. With that said parts pulled to make #3 PP445 in all yellow were pulled out. Yellow updated tank with updated air filter set up and yellow cassette for chain brake.

ppprojectspartsaws.jpg

Had a nice day yesterday chasing down a couple of parts saws. Wife went along for a 50F sunny Jan day. Pretty dang unusual here IMO. Stopped at at a decent restaurant and bought some stuff at cheese barn. Oh I do love the smoked cheeses.

early poulan 25 manual oiling only from what I understand and had a stacked muffler.

I'm not going to fix or keep it myself. I figured a collector might want it being early one with stacked muffler manual oiling only and green case it came in.

I figure I will squirt some mix down carb to check that it indeed does start

stack muffler and busted tank side

Then all I was after was the 3450 parts saw. Was hoping a T3 60cc but no luck

p25a.jpg p25case.jpg p25aa.jpg p25aaa.jpg p25aaaa.jpg p3450q.jpg p3450qq.jpg

My 4000 with the busted rear handle arrived. Must say other than being a little dirty it’s in pretty good shape. P&C thru the muffler are perfect and comp is 160. I have a couple handles so it’s a quick fix. More in-depth scrutiny will have to wait until after my surgery. 4-6 weeks at least.

My 4000 with the busted rear handle arrived. Must say other than being a little dirty it’s in pretty good shape. P&C thru the muffler are perfect and comp is 160. I have a couple handles so it’s a quick fix. More in-depth scrutiny will have to wait until after my surgery. 4-6 weeks at least.

Get that thing fixed and put it in some wood like it was meant to be. Good luck with the surgery, best thing for it & you is keep It busy and moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, I'm working on putting back together a Poulan 6000 (Dolmar 153) for a guy and I need to run new oil line. since it's apart. I don't have a diagram showing the oil line routing, I just have a parts diagram I'm working of of. Anybody able to help me out on this? Thanks in advance!

S
I agree they can be bought cheaper, but depending on where you live if you wanted it... I am on it in terms of craigslist, swap meets, social media and the friend network . I have never seen a 4000 or anything bigger in that series . I have only bought a 3400 within 50 miles of me . I had to import a 3700, 3400 part saw, 325, and a 245a from Wisconsin. I have said it before farmers hate trees and living in the cornbelt it's dry for good saws . The kings around here are Stihl and Echo and PLENTY of Homies. The rest are plastic woodsharks and Remmingtons for $80 used . LOL

So small world in the Poulan market place. That $350 ebay 4000 went to Iowa for $275. Saw a Craigslist want ad for 3200 to 4000 saws. I have more than my share so I called him . He bought the 4000 but passed on the 3400 that was on ebay . Was going with the little red barn piston and rings until I told him about the 7700 ring job. Then the 8500 I posted here was bought buy a friend in Wisconsin . It will be for sale as he dosent cut wood . Waupan Wisconsin Craigslist if anyone is interested.

S

So small world in the Poulan market place. That $350 ebay 4000 went to Iowa for $275. Saw a Craigslist want ad for 3200 to 4000 saws. I have more than my share so I called him . He bought the 4000 but passed on the 3400 that was on ebay . Was going with the little red barn piston and rings until I told him about the 7700 ring job. Then the 8500 I posted here was bought buy a friend in Wisconsin . It will be for sale as he dosent cut wood . Waupan Wisconsin Craigslist if anyone is interested.
Which Red Barn piston kit was he looking at, 3400 I hope not.

Steve

S

That's really cool. Funny how things work out. Saved him a toasted cylinder

So my understanding of the 3400 failure was due to a bare cylinder and piston. Now being that the 4000 is a chrome bore can the LRB piston be useable? I know in a mac application the pin is far too loose is that the case for the poulan too? Has anyone ever tried one in a 4000?.

Sorry for all the questions but if ya dont ask ya don't learn.

Latest posts

Back