Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I'm working on putting a Poulan 6000 (Dolmar 153) back together for a guy and I need to run new oil line while it's apart. Can someone help me with the routing, all I have to go off of is the parts diagram and the saw was apart already when I got it. Thanks in advance!

Looking at a ps9000 with a 26" bar. Seller tested it and said it needs a coil which is $100, but sounds like they eat coils. Chain looks good, bar says dolmar so probably original. It needs cleaning uo but did not look beat up, just used. What do you guys thinks its worth?
Anybody know if coil replacement is a hard job or any special steps needed other that bolts and screws?
Any idea where to get the ps9010 coil and flywheel upgrade and also if any special steps or tools needed to do this?
I would like a big saw, I have a couple in the 60cc range. (Dolmar ps6000i, makita dcs6421, and a pioneer farmsaw).

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

So the only place you can get 9010 igns is basically buying them new for $200-$300 for both pieces. That being said you need a flywheel puller that works on older dolmar/makita’s to get the job done. Might run you $50-$75 to find the right tool unless you are super handy and can make one. So you ask what’s the value??? That depends on who you are and where you live. Having a few spare parts to someone that owns a couple 9000/9010’s probably values the saw a bit higher or if you live in an area that knows the dolmar name really well that boosts price as well. Around Iowa I don’t think you’ll find anyone that will pay any more than $150-$200. In good condition running well I have struggled to get $500 from them with 28-32” bars. If you’re looking for a larger saw I usually steer people toward something that has a bit more aftermarket following and can be found for a decent price like a husky 394/395 or maybe a 064/066/660.

Sorry don’t me to be a downer on your find but don’t want you to get upside down on a saw.

Hi guys,i hope this is the right place to ask.I am looking to buy a new 50cc chainsaw and the Dolmar 5105 got my attention.I was going for the Echo CS 501SX but i changed my mind.Dolmars are not available in Greece but we have their simblings,Makita and Maruyama.I have found the Maruyama MCV 5100s,Greek e-shops refering to it as 3.9 HP so i assume it is the 5105 version.Problem is i can't find anywhere the MCV 5100s but Greece,not even in the Maruyama site.What's the deal?Is the MCV 5100s the Europian version of the MCV 51?Thanks in advance and sorry for the hijack.

There are several threads about the changes between the USA version 5100s and the 5105. I would read up there and compare what you have locally. Carb, ign, and cooling fins were the main differences from my recollection.

Hey fellas, finally found all of the parts to complete my 143MX. Rebuilt tillotson carb yada yada. Put muffler from a 309 cut off saw on it, as the original was rusted and blown apart. Can get it to pop and run a bit, but no idle and bogs down and dies. Carb was thoroughly cleaned out and assembled correctly. Idle screw is all the way in and L is at about 1 1/3 out. H is about 1 turn out. Thinking the carb may have issues. Is there a Walbro or Zama direct replacement that doesn't require fabricating throttle/choke linkage? Pretty stumped with this saw.

I’d keep backing the L out to see if you can get it to run... what’s it going to hurt if your out 2+ turns as long as it runs right. Not all carbs are a 1-1.5 turns out.

I believe there is a walbro for those 123-133-143 saws but the tilly carbs were always primo runners. Keep in mind dolmar makita and wacker all had concrete saws of that same chassis if your looking for parts.

I’d keep backing the L out to see if you can get it to run... what’s it going to hurt if your out 2+ turns as long as it runs right. Not all carbs are a 1-1.5 turns out.

I believe there is a walbro for those 123-133-143 saws but the tilly carbs were always primo runners. Keep in mind dolmar makita and wacker all had concrete saws of that same chassis if your looking for parts.

Small engine mechanic friend, and bonafide mechanical genius of 30 years, placed the carb in his ultra sonic cleaner overnight. Saw now starts and runs like it did, but still will not idle. What the hell could it be? Back "L" out more and it floods big time. ??????//?

Can anyone tell me which model Dolmar would this be? I need to see if it is possible to freshen it up.

View attachment 696636

View attachment 696637

View attachment 696638

Mark
Can't find an ipl from wacker, link is to a Dolmar 309/343 ipl - not positive the 343 is the exact cut-off saw
http://download.dolmar.com/dipls/426.pdf
Ebay crankcase says wacker bts 10 and 11 - Dolmar 343
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WACKER-C...r-123-133-143-S-Cut-Off-Chainsaw/163429915728

Small engine mechanic friend, and bonafide mechanical genius of 30 years, placed the carb in his ultra sonic cleaner overnight. Saw now starts and runs like it did, but still will not idle. What the hell could it be? Back "L" out more and it floods big time. ??????//?

Have you read any “how to tune a 2-stroke” threads? I usually find that a saw that won’t tune at all means there is something else amiss with the saw. Just saying if you mess and mess with carb tube and can’t get it you should check your basics. Pressure/vac, spark, compression, fuel and impulse lines... etc. sounds like you are getting to much fuel so you might be flooding. Might need to check your needle seat/pop-off pressure or you might also have a weeping point inside the carb.

Ordering new carb from Ireland next week. Wish I had a known good carb to swap out. Well versed in how to tune saws. Been doing it many years now and so has my friend. Something internally is messed up with this carb. Idle circuit? Who knows? Done with it. Carb dip and ultrasonic cleaner couldn't fix it. Vac / Pressure test was good and all other functions, both basic and more advanced have checked good also. Only component left is the carb. Will keep post updated.

7BDA26A2-3B61-4249-B5E3-2B1FB9EAEE45.jpegBeen playing with this baby today.
One of the benefits of selling saws is the sheer variety that come through, and I’m sure you’d agree I’d be a fool not to try as many different saws as possible.
Was really impressed with SD and this 119, quite a torquey engine, felt great putting it through a bit of oak earlier today.
The real bonus is that the saw cost £25!!

I know it was asked a month ago and was most likely answered, but just in case.

Attachments

• 20190218_182637.jpg
    20190218_182637.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20190218_181847.jpg
    20190218_181847.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 32
Hey everyone. I was pointed over here from another member. I joined up today and have been looking for more information and parts for my 2 Sachs Dolmar saws. I own a 116 Si and a 119. both are needing parts and I've been finding a few pieces that i need but still need more for both of them. During my search I was told that some models of Husquvarna's will cross over parts to the Sachs Dolmars, but I haven't been able to find out which ones. Now, that being said I'm sure there is oodles of information packed into this thread which is near 10 years old. I will start skimming through it but just figured I'd poke my nose in here

Back